Hey people after being recently obsessed by Paul Gilbert and shred I've moved onto blues I'm asking for some advice for songs to learn and music to listen to

Currently on my learn list
Little Wing
Texas Flood
Scuttle Buttin
Loads of Hendrix

I have just bought loads of SRV/B.B KING/Hendrix cds and am listening to them.

Are there any blues books that are recommended too?

Suggestions please!?
Artists
Songs
Books
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
try some brian setzer
more rockabilly but still similar
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
Luther Allison, freddy king, Buddy Guy, Lightnin' Hopkins, peter green etc

check out acoustic stuff like: mississippi John Hurt, Gary davis, dave van ronk, davey Graham.
Quote by tom708
clapton n rory gallagher

+1.
Also, try Joe Bonamassa.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
thanks people!

Any blues books i should look into?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Buddy Guy, Clapton, Joe Bonamassa, SRV & of course B.B.King
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
One thing about blues. More important to learn specific licks than songs, you want to be able to increase your vocabulary, so when you are soloing you can throw in a lick or a variation on a lick you know from somewhere.
Robert Johnson. Start there, the blues did.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Tommy Walker
One thing about blues. More important to learn specific licks than songs, you want to be able to increase your vocabulary, so when you are soloing you can throw in a lick or a variation on a lick you know from somewhere.

agreed... knowing lots of licks will make you a better blues soloist then knowing a few complete solos
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Quote by gregs1020
Robert Johnson. Start there, the blues did.

Excellent idea. He is where many blues artists started their stuff. On the same note, go look for other, old blues artists. There are a lot. Clapton talks about his idols in his book. I say start with the roots.

That said, I didnt. I started with Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Buddy Guy. Then I worked my way up, down, left and right.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
albert king and stevie ray vaughan - In Session

amazing album, just got it and it blew my mind (especially Matchbox Blues)
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
john lee hooker is a good blues gutarist and also another one that no bodys mentioned is chuck berry
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Quote by sharpant
thanks people!

Any blues books i should look into?

There's a book called "Blues You Can Use". It introduces the basics of blues from chords 7, 9, barre, open; it introduces progressions; But the main part is the minor pentatonic scale. It explains the scale all the way up and down the neck. It has a CD with a couple dozen practice mini-songs. In short it's designed to get teach the student to make her/his own blues.

If you want to copy another artist's work, then fine. It worked well for SRV. But if you're interested in improvising, then get the book.
Quote by Bowe
get yourself one of these

yup you can play some mean blues with a slide. and you should practice certain riffs instead of just songs.