I was mopping the dining room where I work last night, and took my phone out to check the time and dropped it in my mop bucket thing It landed on top of the mop which was in the bucket, so it was still largely on top of the water, but apparently some water got inside and ****ed it up (the inside of the screen was fogged up later that night). I turned it off and took out battery immediately, then tried to let it dry over night, but when I turned it on this morning the screen is all messed up and if I press a button it does a million things other than what it's supposed to do.

I'm with Verizon and still have a year left on a contract, so I can't do anything from them on the cheap. Will they sell me just a phone, or will it cost a testicle and a leg? Should I go eBay? I'm thinking I'd like a Samsung Alias...

Help me Pit
Most networks give you a replacement if you call them or go to them directly in a shop if you're on contract.

Alternatively, take out a new contract, hide that phone, move and never pay for it again.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
you forgot the most vital step of hitting it with the hair dryer for about 15 minutes after taking the back plate and battery off.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
im on contract and my phone broke and they fixed it no questions asked
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
If your phone is screwed...

Use a screwdriver!
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Most networks give you a replacement if you call them or go to them directly in a shop if you're on contract.

Alternatively, take out a new contract, hide that phone, move and never pay for it again.

My network wont let me have a new phone until christmas (when the contract runs out) and ive broken 3 replacements already.
And i cant movfe and never pay for it because the money comes straight out my account =/

Personally I think eBay is the best option
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

You damaged it. The network will not replace that for free unless you took out insurance.

If I were you , I'd either

a) Buy a replacement from your provider, probably could get some sort of deal. or

b) Buy a phone that is unlocked to any network. Whether it's a good phone or a piss one, depends entirely on your finances!

Edit:

Until Xmas eh?

Then I'd buy a piss phone, make do for a few months, then get a nice new shiny one!
Quote by alfonzo99

And i cant movfe and never pay for it because the money comes straight out my account =/

Yeah, just go to the bank and cancel the payments.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Quote by saphrax
Then the telco company can take you to court for breeching a contract.

True, but atleast you tried.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Just pick up a go phone of verizon's and switch out the sim card.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Thanks for the posts guys.

I don't have insurance because over 2 years time that would have cost me more than the phone itself (Chocolate 2). The network is not gonna replace it because I think it's clearly water damaged as far as the screen is concerned. I'd imagine they have a little thing that tells them if water has gone inside though, ya know?

Anyway, with a year left, I don't want a POS phone. I'd really like at least a good music player on it. Qwerty would be great, and small as well. So I guess eBay? Or start at a Verizon store, see what I can do...
But I got a call from you last night...WHO WAS PHONE??
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
or a hamburger phone
YAY JUNO

as for you, you spin a story like a spider spins a web
see? that's a metaphor - no wait, a simile
i'm still learning, but i think i'm getting better
since it's verizon...they're not going to replace it for free because of the water damage.

yes, your phone has things that more or less tells them if it's been in water, take the battery off and see the little red(i think thats what color it turns) or white circle? thats what it's for is to tell if its been water damaged

i have the same phone and had to get it replaced a couple months ago, the very first thing they checked for was water damage
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
If its not too late, put the phone in a sealed tupperware container full of rice. The rice will absorb the water.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
Quote by LuckyBoys91
Get a Banana Phone.