Ok so ive just ordered a schecter hellraiser, but now after reading that emg pickups sound sterile and lifeless, i started doubting it, ( have not been able to try the guitar yet)

is it true that they sound bad? would it be better to save up for some ibanez s series prestige instead?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

its all personal preference man. although i hear the 18V mod will make them sound more full. i really dont know though as i dont have any guitar with actives.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
if worst comes to worst and you dig the guitar but not the tone, swap 'em out, sell them and buy a nice set of duncans or dimarzzios
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
you bought a guitar without playing one first?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Jaekae
but now after reading that emg pickups sound sterile and lifeless, i started doubting it, ( have not been able to try the guitar yet)

unless your texts talks to you, just get the guitar and try it out, if you don't like it, return simple
Quote by ShredGod George
you bought a guitar without playing one first?

how should i try it when no store here have it? Had to order it from another country,

and in worst case scenario i could sell it and look for another guitar
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

What exactly is an 'active pickup'? I'm not a great fan of EMG's. I was considering buying a hellraiser and putting Bareknuckles in it
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
I like my emgs. I don't think they sound sterile or lifeless.

But that being said, I enjoy passives much more. The emgs are good pups, there is a lot of bandwagoning and people just like to put down gear because why not the internet gives everyone a voice
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by sharpant
What exactly is an 'active pickup'? I'm not a great fan of EMG's. I was considering buying a hellraiser and putting Bareknuckles in it

Active pups are pups that run on batteries. They usually are very high gain and great on distorsion. Very good for driving a tube amp, as I've heard.
Weekend Warrior
When there's a bandwagon of some sort, there's always the "reverse bandwagon" coming down the road. Couple years back, EMGs were the sh*t; just look at how many guitars have them stock now. People got tired of hearing of how great they were and now it's reverse-bandwagoning time and they're sterile and toneless and bla bla bla. Go try a guitar with EMGs at your local guitar store with a nice tube amp and hear for yourself.
if ur playing through a tube amp u should be fine. most people who say that are playing through there spiders. the cleans are a little lifeless though
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Watch. And then you're going to sell it, and then later you are going to regret even further because you realize one of your favourite guitarists uses EMG pickups. Who gives a shit man? Try playing the damn thing, and if it sounds good, then there's no reason to throw it away.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.