I was just playing Hope (Alex Lifeson), and near the end I started doing random shit like hammering on different strings with my pinky and it sounded actually really good, so I replayed it a few times and when I was done it's barely the same song anymore, but it sounds good. I didn't even mean to really do anything, I just started randomly played different parts faster/slower different notes/chords, etc and it sounds awesome every time.

Oh yea, I don't mean like you sit down and re-write certain parts of songs, I'm talking more about improvisation while playing songs, certain songs sometimes are just easy to change for the better.
4'33"
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
anything off becks new album
and the songs are really easy to find the key
and they are fun to either play along with or improv at certain parts
Quote by saphrax

Edit: You win my favourite av on UG award.

sweeeeeeeet
i love worms lol
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
I wish I could do that.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by keithmoon15
4'33"

Everytime that's mentioned I can't help but imagine how much praise John Cage got, and what a smug douche he is.

The listeners have a bad case of 'Emperors new clothes' "oh yes, quite a delightful piece, incredibly thought provoking."

Quote by saphrax
I personally like to play the interlude in a more neo-classical style.

It IS neo-classical
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Anything off Dark Side of The Moon or Animals by Pink Floyd. Lots of space in the music = lots of room to improvise. Also playing along with jam bands really helps your creativity and inspiration. Look for any long jams by Phish, Umphrey's Mcgee, Moe, STS9, etc. Those are fun to jam with.