Well i went to my guitar lesson this evening, 8:30 for an hour, as it has been for 6 years.

At the end of the session, my teacher sat me down and told me that he couldnt teach me anymore and that he was passing me onto an advanced teahcer.

I shed some tears right there...

any similar expierinces or ways of getting to know my new teacher?

Cheers fellas.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Wow. I guess he was like a real good friend to you dude. However at least he was honest and didn't wanna hold you back. Gotta take your hat off to the bloke.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
i have never had that happen to me only cus i have never taken a lesson. i would like to though soon. that sucks but it is for the best if you realy look at it.
Similar thing with my old band. I just wasn't what they needed anymore, so they sat me down to tell me they were switching me for a new model, after three years they left me for dust, after i got em gigs, and wrote most of their material, now i can't find any bands to join....

as Tomo Said, Top bloke for doing so, I'd take my hat off, but im wearing a bandana

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Ouch man, that sucks.

I'm not looking forward to the day that it happens to me, I guess after spending time with people for so long they become mates too.

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

Why is he a guitar teacher if he has to pass you onto somebody else because he can't teach that 'advanced'?!

But i know how you feel, except i taught myself...
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
On the plus side, if your teacher of six years says he's passing you on to a more advanced teacher, that must mean you're getting pretty darn good.

The longest I've had a teacher for was a year and a half or so, and he was my first teacher (the one I first started learning guitar with). I've since gone through two more (though the last one doesn't really count, it only lasted a week), and currently have none.

As far as good first impressions/getting along with your new teacher, good luck. Attempting to convey to someone your guitar skills so they can best help you is one of the hardest things I've done.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
Why is he a guitar teacher if he has to pass you onto somebody else because he can't teach that 'advanced'?!

But i know how you feel, except i taught myself...

Is there a difference between a 5th grade teacher and college teacher?
Weekend Warrior
Quote by ML_Guitar09
Is there a difference between a 5th grade teacher and college teacher?

yeah. One's a retard, the other one had a burnout from his real job.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
lol - advanced teahcer rates are higher right?

well congrats to you !

so what do you do with all these lessons? do you play for concerts or get togethers?
Hes a bassplayer primarily, but also does guitar, he teaches up to the standard of Vai type songs.

Its really quite sad, but the new dude seems nice, spoke to him on the phone today.

The lessons are more theory stuff for me, like learning scales and how to use them effectively, and hte odd song etc.

I dont have the motivation to teach myself all of that, i learn songs ever day, but Theory needs explaining to me like
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
I dont have the motivation to teach myself all of that, i learn songs ever day, but Theory needs explaining to me like

I'm the opposite; need to force myself to learn songs but theory comes naturally to me.
I'm probably gonna have to do the same. I've had the same teacher for over 4 years. He started teaching me right when I picked it up, and he's also a really good friend and turned me on to some great music. I don't really want to have to switch, but it's necessary.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X