my friend wants an amp for 150 pounds ish

he wants it loud enough for small gigs have more then 1 channel built it effects etc

i pointed in in the direction of the vox ad30 vt was that right?

btw the guitar he has is an evh wolfgang
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I would second the ad30vt for sure. Maybe even an ad50vt if he will by used from e-bay or something similiar.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Definately the Vox.

/Thread
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

The AD30VT isn't loud enough for gigs. It's not even loud enough (for me) for band practices.

I'm not really up with prices of amps in the UK, so I'll leave this one up to someone else
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
no no vox.
terrible amp when you got more options.
either a fender champ XD will be the same or more poer than the 30 watt vox.
or a used line 6 flextone 3
this will be his first amp though, so im not sure a tube would be the best idea?

any other suggestions?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
well i own that particular amp(the 50 watt version vox), and take it from me the vox is a POS for practicly the same price as the fender super champ XD, and i owned the vox for 1 year played it very day.
so he should get the super champ ?

edit: how loud is the super champ will it be able to do small gigs as its only 15 watts?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Last edited by rancidryan at Oct 15, 2008,
well it depends but the ad50vt wont be that much better its pretty much the same a practice/maybe gigin amp.
it will be loud enough for practice tough.
and to giging question it depends if its ganna be a coffe shop or something or a back yard maybe, but dont be looking to do huge venues with this thing unless they got a PA, but like i said for the money your only other option is the 30VT and as i stated before the fender XD will definately be the same or louder even.
the thing about the valvetronix is that awefull screch they give when you turn them up, you gatta bring down the volume on your guitar and go down on the gain, it aint that bad but even then it screches sometimes.
Quote by THEKID546
well i own that particular amp(the 50 watt version vox), and take it from me the vox is a POS for practicly the same price as the fender super champ XD, and i owned the vox for 1 year played it very day.

I own an AD30VT and wasn't really impressed by the Super Champ XD.

With the AD30VT I can get an awesome lead tone, something I've been unable to achieve with other amps, which is a shame because I never use it when jamming because it's not loud enough for me. Its high gain metal tones are really lacking, but gets the job done if you're not too worried about tone, I have my Splawn for that. I really don't use the built in effects, but they're not too bad are cool to play around with.

The screeching you speak of is going to appear on almost any amp and is easily remedied on the Vox amps by turning your gain down or using the noise gate.

Really, if you friend wants effects and an amp able to gig, he needs to have a higher price range, the 15w Super Champ XD *might* be loud enough for practices if the drummer is somewhat civilized in his beating of the drums, but for gigs it's almost always going to have to be miced unless you're playing in a pretty small room.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com