Hello,

I have been playing guitar for nearly 9 months now and I thought it was about time I posted something. I posted a reworked, restructured cover of Angel by Judas Priest. I created the acoustic backtrack, the lead guitar, and played the bass (not a bass player but it needed something and I really only added an ultra simple accompaniment).

I recorded using a PRS SE Custom with EMG 60/81 combo (60 used exclusively), vox valvetronix threw a line 6 pod XT using Audacity. Bass was recorded using a ESP f104 (my roomates) warwick blue bass amp threw the pod xt using audacity.

I am mostly satisfied with how it came out. Clearly I need to work on my timing and phrasing but all in all I feel it was a success! I am not looking for criticism I am looking for a "good job," to be blunt.

Please give a listen in my profile, please!!!
good job you're probs better than me. i've been playing for a bit over a year. wish i had equipment as good as you got. keep it up!
Quote by jordanshadow
Hello,

I have been playing guitar for nearly 9 months now and I thought it was about time I posted something. I posted a reworked, restructured cover of Angel by Judas Priest. I created the acoustic backtrack, the lead guitar, and played the bass (not a bass player but it needed something and I really only added an ultra simple accompaniment).

I recorded using a PRS SE Custom with EMG 60/81 combo (60 used exclusively), vox valvetronix threw a line 6 pod XT using Audacity. Bass was recorded using a ESP f104 (my roomates) warwick blue bass amp threw the pod xt using audacity.

I am mostly satisfied with how it came out. Clearly I need to work on my timing and phrasing but all in all I feel it was a success! I am not looking for criticism I am looking for a "good job," to be blunt.

Please give a listen in my profile, please!!!

The acoustic part was great. Your critiquing of the electric part was spot on but it was very good for 9 months,

How do you like the POD XT? How exactly do you have it connected to your PC?
Not a bad little diddy.

I really did like the acoustic riff.
Like you said there are some things to work on but your not looking for a crit.

One thing I feel I really need to mention is that the blending of the lead line could use work.

-Ryan
Metaxis I don't really like the pod XT actually. The amp models are decent for cleans and all but the distortion is pretty terrible. However, for now the pod makes a very good interface with the computer to use my vox valvetronix with. I would however, suggest looking elsewhere for an amp modeler.

Ryan, I agree, those could be blended better. Drums would help here alot as I could be more creative with the transitions. Also, my skills with recording software is none so its a learning process.

Thanks all,
Jordan