Hey everyone. Just thought I'd post some pics of my new guitar. It's pretty awesome to me. I wish I could find another one but these have been discontinued.

Anyways, here it is. What you guys think?

2001 American Double Fat Strat Hardtail w/ SD '59 (neck) and SD Pearly Gates Plus (bridge)

Last edited by blackie88 at Oct 14, 2008,
really nice how much it cost you?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Strats with HB's don't look right to me, even HSS models. Just personal preference, but hope you're happy with your purchase, I'm sure its lovely to play!
yeah i agree with crossy, i think that they look unatural, but thats just me and my opinion . however i think you have chosen the best colour, one of my favorites from fender. how does it play.
"Guitar is too personal of an expression; it should be exactly what it is-a singular extension of the player" - Saul 'Slash' Hudson.
was it used because i dont see a scratch on her
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
was it used because i dont see a scratch on her

It's not used, it's just an '01. It still had the plastic on the pickguard when I bought it.

To fozzy- It plays like a strat... what more can I say I love the range of tones you can get out of this thing. The coil splits sound pretty darn close to single coils and the full on buckers hit hard, especially through the Tiny Terror (awesome little amp). I've always been a strat lover and a humbucker lover so this thing is perfect for me. Plus, I hate and never use trems.

I'm really not sure what the finish is called. It looks like the new Sienna Burst but I thought that color was brand new. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks for the remarks too guys.
Very nice guitar, congrats. Good pup selection as well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by B. Jammin
Looks great! Is that the version with the Ash body?

I'm really not too sure. The guy at the store where I bought it said it was ash. I think it may be because it's pretty lightweight, and I was told ash was lighter than alder so... who knows. All I do know is that it plays great, looks great, and sounds great. I know it's untraditional, but for anyone looking for a strat feel with some beefier tone, this is where is at.

Once again, I appreciate all of the feedback.