Page 1 of 2
Sometimes I feel like I am the only kid who still likes punk music, so am I alone or do other people actually listen to it still?
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
i enjoy listening to punk music from time to time, but i must say, the "spirit" of punk is dead...people just aren't as rebellious as they used to be.
it's not that punk is dead.. it's just changed
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Yes, because...

Punk-Rock tried to kill the metal
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground!!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
older stuff like dead kennedys, unlike alot of 3 powerchord bands, East Bay Ray could actually play really well as a guitarist. older misfits with glenn danzig was alright too
Quote by DCarney9116
Sometimes I feel like I am the only kid who still likes punk music, so am I alone or do other people actually listen to it still?

no.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
There's kickin punk scenes all over the country.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah all this new pop punk stuff sucks, but like NoFx, Rancid, Anti-Flag, Turbonegro, No Use For A Name, The Bouncing Souls all kick ass and we need more bands like them!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Meh I still listen to alot of older punk sometimes. I think that the spirit of punk can be anything now but in terms of music theres just some bands that are trying to re-create what happened in the 1970's and 1980's.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Yes, because...

Punk-Rock tried to kill the metal
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground!!

we have a winner
the culture and idealisms of punk have faded. I say that the music is still here with us.

and yes, i listen to old school punk every now and then, which is ironic, because i prefer metal and hard rock and classic over most things.
Punk's dying. Just loads of scenester bands like gallows and stuff now. You have to search for true punk now. Ashame as its the best music!
Real punk died the moment Johnny Rotten agreed to do an MTV televised event.

/thread

RIP Punk
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
hardcore is still as strong or stronger than ever ... just listen to gallows or the ghost of a thousand
Punk's not dead, but it's been pushed down.

I don't see much punk in the mainstream, but there's a lot of local punk bands. Even around here, there's a lot of local/underground punk bands, and that's the way it should be.
Quote by Strange Times
Punk died with the Sex Pistols

their not dead there still playing!! they headlined a massive festival in Ireland at the end of this summer!!
the punk scene is dead
whatever is left of it has turned into 'tough guy' hardcore

which is awesome
Please take these questions to the Punk & Ska forum so we may summarily ridicule you and laugh at your lack of knowledge about punk.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Graveworm
Real punk is dead but poser punk is still alive and well.

Yeah. Poseurs are running wild.
██████████████████████████████
Quote by Another bassist
i enjoy listening to punk music from time to time, but i must say, the "spirit" of punk is dead...people just aren't as rebellious as they used to be.

i'm with this guy, everyone gets caught up in the fads it's hard to find a person who truly doesn't give a shit.

but i still like punk music
trying to mainsteam punk killed it. nofx, bad religion, pennywise. they got as big as a punk band ever should. bands like blink 182, sum 41, they mainstreamed it, got the little kiddies on board and lost the spirit of punk.
ATTENTION PIT-MONKEYS.

Yes that's right, punk is dead
It's just another cheap product for the consumers head
Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors
Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters
CBS promote the Clash
Ain't for revolution, it's just for cash
Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be
Ain't got a thing to do with your or me

Movements are systems and systems kill
Movements are expressions of the public will
Punk became a movement cos we all felt lost
Leaders sold out and now we all pay the cost
Punk narcissism was a social napalm
Steve Jones started doing real harm
Preaching revolution, anarchy and change
Sucked from the system that had given him his name

Well I'm tired of staring through shit stained glass
Tired of staring up a superstars arse
I've got an arse and crap and a name
I'm just waiting for my fifteen minutes fame

Steven Jones, you're napalm
If you're so pretty vacant, why do you smarm?
Patti Smith, you're napalm, your write with your hand
But it's Rimbaud's arm

And me, yes, I, do I want to burn?
Is there something I can learn?
Do I need a business man to promote my angle
Can I resist the carrots that fame and fortune dangle
I see the velvet zippies in their bondage gear
The social elite with safetypins in their ear
I watch and understand that it don't mean a thing
The scorpions might attack, but the systems stole the sting
PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
God I hope so.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
punk is alive but in a different form than how it used to be - therefore dead to some who believe it has changed too much
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by Strange Times
Punk died with the Sex Pistols

So punk released one proper studio album then died? There are still people out there I think who keep punk alive but considering I'm more of the Prog/Metal type I guess I would not know. It's just not in the mainstream as it was at one time.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by Captain Scarlet
their not dead there still playing!! they headlined a massive festival in Ireland at the end of this summer!!

Quote by nikhil101
So punk released one proper studio album then died? There are still people out there I think who keep punk alive but considering I'm more of the Prog/Metal type I guess I would not know. It's just not in the mainstream as it was at one time.

You missed my point.

They were at the forefront of the punk movement, yet they were stuck together and dolled up like safety-pin and ripped-jeans GI Joes by Malcolm Mclaren in the name of modernist fashion.
Last edited by Strange Times at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by axeslash
ATTENTION PIT-MONKEYS.

Yes that's right, punk is dead
It's just another cheap product for the consumers head
Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors
Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters
CBS promote the Clash
Ain't for revolution, it's just for cash
Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be
Ain't got a thing to do with your or me

lol crass

TEDIT: so my post conrtibutes something

theres plenty of good punk aroud if you know where to look. try to support your local scene, get out and go to shows. youll find something you like.
Quote by bretws
so today, I strange Truck with a bunch of men coem down my drivway Just the everyday 3-4 big bald guys, Im a diesel truck, He ask me of my dads home
Typos glore
Quote by im god
your a truck?
Quote by bretws

Damn strait

HOLY SHIT
WTF??

Last edited by tommydavis at Oct 14, 2008,
Not even close, in fact I'd say punk is better than ever right now. There are some great scenes and communities around the country and world. You've just got to dig deeper, skim through the punk forum and I bet you'll find a ton of good modern punk. To people saying the "spirit" of punk is dead, you couldn't be further off. There are tons of scenes based solely on DIY and a lot of punk is fueled by social and political messages. Punks are actually doing more to change the world now instead of just complaining, at least it seems that way to me.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Oct 14, 2008,
Punk is more dead than Hitler. And he was pretty darn-diddely-dead last time I checked.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by StreetLight3989
Not even close, in fact I'd say punk is better than ever right now. There are some great scenes and communities around the country and world. You've just got to dig deeper, skim through the punk forum and I bet you'll find a ton of good modern punk. To people saying the "spirit" of punk is dead, you couldn't be further off. There are tons of scenes based solely on DIY and a lot of punk is fueled by social and political messages. Punks are actually doing more to change the world now instead of just complaining, at least it seems that way to me.

*agrees with Streetlight, 'cause he's sexy*
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Page 1 of 2