Page 1 of 2
I've decided that I REALLY need to brush up on my science knowledge (which sucks) and I know there are loads of people still in school here so I thought I'd better ask here.

I need to revise basic principles of physics, chemistry and biology to school-leavers/high-school so any sites or links would be appreciated.
Revise would mean you would want to change the laws of science as we know them. Are you really up for it?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Revise would mean you would want to change the laws of science as we know them. Are you really up for it?

Hell yeah!
Well it depends on the exam board really, could we have some specifics on what you need help with?
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by renegade2031
Well it depends on the exam board really, could we have some specifics on what you need help with?

I'm 20 and way past any exam stuff....but I just seem to have forgotten most of my basic science principles.

I can't even remember stuff about magnetism or atom structure
This could come in handy:

f(x)=(SIGMA, k=0, n=infinity): a_n(x-c)^n = a_0 + a_1(x-c)+a_2(x-c)²+...+a_n(x-c)^n

Good luck.
Quote by Ontropium
This could come in handy:

f(x)=(SIGMA, k=0, n=infinity): a_n(x-c)^n = a_0 + a_1(x-c)+a_2(x-c)²+...+a_n(x-c)^n

Good luck.

English please?
protons

neutrons

electrons.

what else do you need to know?
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by Sonicxlover

:P If I'm not mistaken, "revising" means "studying" in Europe... no?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Yep, you're right.

It means the same here

What do they say in the us????
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Boogie Man
It means the same here

What do they say in the us????

I dunno...but one user thought I meant that I wanted to change the laws of physics, not study them
Find a copy of John Gribbin's book "Almost everyone's guide to science"
In the US we use the word revise, like if you were to revise a paper you wrote, you would proofread it and cull out all the mistakes, and then change them...Europeans...
Quote by Devdude25
In the US we use the word revise, like if you were to revise a paper you wrote, you would proofread it and cull out all the mistakes, and then change them...Europeans...

What've you got to whine about? You're the ones whoring the English language to decay.

Really, read your old science textbooks.
Just go to Wikipedia or Google and search it, it's not that hard. Or go to the library.
If by whoring the English language you mean refining it down to non regional diction and adding more words to the English language than all of Europe, yea Id say that we have been pretty bad keepers of the most complex language this planet has ever known... And getting back to the topic, Fassa if you want to learn more about science you should first read Darwin, then work your way up, If you cant accept evolution, then string theory and M theory would really blow your mind onto the computer screen...
Quote by Devdude25
If by whoring the English language you mean refining it down to non regional diction and adding more words to the English language than all of Europe, yea Id say that we have been pretty bad keepers of the most complex language this planet has ever known... And getting back to the topic, Fassa if you want to learn more about science you should first read Darwin, then work your way up, If you cant accept evolution, then string theory and M theory would really blow your mind onto the computer screen...

Thank you!
Technically speaking of course, ENGLISH has more words and more parts of speech than ANY other language, dont be a stupid ass then come into a science thread, therefore making it much more complicated, and dont even start to give that shit about latin, Most languages came from it, Making it like the HTML of actual language, where as English would be somewhere around like C++ in the computer world, capable of everything in HTML and it can be read and transcribed into three dimensional images using only the code...
Quote by Devdude25
Technically speaking of course, ENGLISH has more words and more parts of speech than ANY other language, dont be a stupid ass then come into a science thread, therefore making it much more complicated, and dont even start to give that shit about latin, Most languages came from it, Making it like the HTML of actual language, where as English would be somewhere around like C++ in the computer world, capable of everything in HTML and it can be read and transcribed into three dimensional images using only the code...

huh? What's that got to do with anything?
Devdude25 - stfu.

And Fassa -

Sounds like just what you're after.
You can't "revise science", it's much too vast. And whatever you learn in high-school doesn't even scratch the paint on the first layer of the surface. You need to pick something specific, maybe a concept, a theory (like evolution, since it seems to be so popular), and read about that, then once you have an idea of what's it about, read further or maybe move on to something else.

Quote by Devdude25

please, stop trying...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I suggest you start here

then move onto a good introductory chemistry highschool/college text

Then physics...

eh even quantum physics too.

And then your biology.

finally, I HIGHLY recommend you go back to school and take courses if it is necessary you learn all of this material again.

I also hope that your math skills are up to par if you plan on learning physics.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I would also recommend getting High School books to bring it all back.

Any specific ones?

You'll need this.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
no no no
for physics all you need is "Six Easy Pieces" by Richard Feynman, he's a genius and it's his intro level college lectures. including the famous double slit experiment

for basics to all science, I HIGHLY recommend "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson, it's even been described as "annoyingly free of mistakes." oh and it is ****ing hilarious too
XU
Page 1 of 2