I was wondering if you could use a program like audacity or the like to import an mp3, and isolate a track (like a guitar or bass line) to better learn the part in the song. I have a decent ear, however there always seems to be something lost in translation when I learn a song completely by ear (particularly jazzy chords), and it would be a fantastic asset to be able to hear a song literally one track at a time, as fast or slow as I need. I appreciate your help! Thanks
^Actually there is.

It's called Transcribe! (Don't mean the exclamation). You can select a section of the song, slow it down, speed it up, change the tone an octave up, down, whatever. It's cool but there's a 30 day limit, but I think the price is worth it... (50 bucks? idk what tickles your fancy)

EDIT: whoops, you mean a track... the program above is used for the entire song... though you could also slow it down and see what it sounds like...
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
there is no way, unless you have the master tapes, or possibly if the guitar track is panned center throughout the entire song.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Well that's a major bummer man, it would be the best learning asset available! But definitely would be very hard to have a program recognize different tracks and basically create a new mix for them. If anyone knows of something like this coming out or currently available, please tell everyone! ASAP!