Who (by who i mean famous players) used matchless amps? why are they regarded so highly? what do they sound like?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
they sound amazingly good. i know jesse lacey from brand new and dave from dave matthews band use one. they just sound insanely good. period.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
They're boutique amps designed with versatility in mind. The only band that I know for sure uses them is The Myriad, and they're not amazing but have some great guitar tones. They're not famous either. I will say that when I saw them live their guitars sounded extremely good, but I have never actually tried one myself.

EDIT: I'm retarded. Here's their artist page: http://www.matchlessamplifiers.com/artists.shtml

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Oct 14, 2008,
^beat me to robert cray
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
They're very highly regarded because they were one of the first real hand-made boutique amps to gain any real acceptance & popularity, had gave a richer tone than most amps available at the time. That being said, you can do better these days. I've played a couple Matchless amps, & IMO they can't compare to a Divided by 13, Mojave, or 65. All 3 of those have dynamics & feel that, again-IMO, are superior to any Matchless by a significant degree. Boutique amps are just crazy good these days!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
How about the Ceriatone matchless clones? Opinions?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Jesse Lacey of Brand New used to use one of their heads (not sure if he still does), and Tim from Underoath used a Clubman reverb to record half dirty tones.
Rich Robinson and Marc Ford of The Black Crowes used Matchless amps on tour in the 90s, and they both had great tone with them if you ask me. As far as exact models, I believe Rich used combos (his gear website says he owns three Clubman combos and two Chieftan 120W heads at the present time, but who knows if these were what he owned in the 90s) with external cabs, and Marc used a half stack, though I don't know what model head/cab.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I actually really like the sound of the new Independance head; it seems to be like a combo of a fender warmth and vox chime with the cleans, but more of a hot rodded marshall with a touch of bassman on the lead channel (red channel?). I think there's a demo of the dynamics of all the channels, and it's quite insane.