so i have a squier strat and i was wondering if i shoul buy a new one or if it worth moding it a lot to make it sound good. if so wat kind of pick ups should i buy
is it possible to make squiers sound good? i don't think so... just but a new one
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Why would you buy a new one?

Its good for a starter guitar, but thats about it IMO I wouldnt sink too much money into customizing it either.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Corruption
is it possible to make squiers sound good? i don't think so... just but a new one

NO

it depends what type of squier, if you have an affinity series then they are made of solid alder which is good wood. (most made in america strats are alder)if you have anything else, sell it to somebody and put that 50 bucks towards your new guitar. depending on what type of music you play, you can make sound as good as a made in usa strat. all you need to do is change tuners, change pickups, repaint & change bridge if you want and you have a great guitar
Squires really arent worth modding since they are made with lower quality parts. Even replacing the pickups wont solve things like intonation problems that a lot of Squires have. Not to say that there arent Squires that sound decent, but once you play a higher end guitar you'll realize how much of a difference quality makes.
Squiers are about the easiest guitars to set up. Setting the action and intonation is a breeze IMO. I would change out the pups without reservation. (I have two that I upgraded). On a budget, they are decent. Don't expect it to have any resale value, but the sum of the parts, yea.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.