hi there,

I've been using Reaper so far, and I liked it very much tbh, but now Im planning to migrate to Linux for good, do you know of any good recording program? :S

thx
Geez... not a list that makes you want to run right out and go Linux, eh?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Haha, not at all, although I have heard great things about Ardour. And it's free, if I'm not mistaken.
There is poetry in despair.
dont go down that road,
i've been there, i spent about two months trying to get Linux set up as a studio, frankly there's too many issues with hardware and too many limitations.

Ardour and other linux audio apps are a bit of a tease, they promise a lot but never really deliver.

well, if I cant get a solid recording setup in Linux, I'll try to use one of those applications to run Windows software in Linux and lets see if I can run Reaper on it :S
Quote by Gacel

well, if I cant get a solid recording setup in Linux, I'll try to use one of those applications to run Windows software in Linux and lets see if I can run Reaper on it :S

If you're already running Windows, why don't you just dual boot linux and keep Windows in the interim until you find a good solution?

Worst case scenario is you run a Windows Virtual Machine within Linux. Good if you have a powerful PC.
Quote by saphrax
If you're already running Windows, why don't you just dual boot linux and keep Windows in the interim until you find a good solution?

Worst case scenario is you run a Windows Virtual Machine within Linux. Good if you have a powerful PC.

yes thats what I'll do, but id love to get rid of Windows someday!
my biggest problem was getting my firewire interface to work,
the Freebob/ffado drivers are hit and miss, theres a LOT of tweaking to be done with no guarantee of success.

inside a virtual machine, firewire doesn't work so that wont be an option if you use a firewire interface.
even if you get the interface working, its a lot of trouble to use VST plug-ins inside linux.

bottom line, windows is a far better solution for audio, even if it sucks as a general OS.
best thing is to dual-boot, use linux as your office/internet machine and use the windows partition as your studio machine.

trust me on this
Quote by TheDriller
my biggest problem was getting my firewire interface to work,
the Freebob/ffado drivers are hit and miss, theres a LOT of tweaking to be done with no guarantee of success.

inside a virtual machine, firewire doesn't work so that wont be an option if you use a firewire interface.
even if you get the interface working, its a lot of trouble to use VST plug-ins inside linux.

Yeah, that makes sense. This is why I've kept away from Linux, too much pissing around and not the time to do it.
i use linux on my internet/office machine, and XP on my studio machine and i'm delighted with both.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

having said that, i'm typing this from Linux