My band is playing our first show!! lolzomgzorz

Anyway, we have a few originals,enough for a legit set, that everyone who has heard them have liked/loved. You can criticize them at myspace.com/coolnewulmband

We have a problem though. We started as guitar and drums, and we now have a good bass player who can rip our songs. BUT, our singer is not going to be ready to sing more than one song, if that even, so here is what I was thinking we do.

Intro-the teaser from myspace
Original
Original
Original-Get the Kswiss---the song the singer has material for

Discuss what we should do. I want some more thoughts to discuss with my band.
why in the world do you have a singer that cant sing more than one song? i'm with pyerreives get a new singer asap.
Pretend that you are an exclusively instrumental band, and plant your singer in the audience. When the time comes to do the song that the singer knows, pretend to pull a random volunteer out from the audience (IE, your singer).
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
November 1st huh? My new bands playing first show is then to.

but back on topic I think you guys should try to write lyrics to your other songs. Since you guys only need lyrics for 2 songs, if you really buckle down you could get them done by then. If they're bad you can rewrite them later, and if they're really bad you can put your singer low in the mix so no one can understand them.
Ya I have thought about that, but I don't think I could write for someone else to sing, and I'm not doing lead vox and guitar. I can but I won't.

I just want to know if our songs Chat Noir and Turtle would be legit instrumentals. Keep in mind I would play more leads than in the recordings, we didnt have a bass player then so I had to do mainly rhythm.
Quote by CODE
Why would you think that?

He is great at songwriting, he wrote the vocals to the song he knows in one practice, and they were sick. We aren't getting rid of him.

Considering all the information you left out before thats why i would think that.
Well, I myself would enjoy an instrumental show, but I'm a musician, so I have a bias.

I would say, have someone else in the band do that vocals, they don't have to be amazing.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Pretend that you are an exclusively instrumental band, and plant your singer in the audience. When the time comes to do the song that the singer knows, pretend to pull a random volunteer out from the audience (IE, your singer).

thats actually a great idea
i played with a band the other weekend and they played 4 songs and the singer only sang 2 of them, everybody was saying how much they sucked beacuse of their singer(wich had a great voice but he was just standing there doing nothing)
so if you are going instrumental dont put yout singer in the mic if he is not going to sing
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Either have a singer or don't. Don't pull him in for one song only. The audience will get confused, is this guy their singer or just some random dude? You have half a month, writing lyrics for two songs isn't hard. And like frostfire said, if they suck you can wre-write them later. No one is going to remember them.
nov 1st?

Wow i feel like speed racer, I legitametly write 3 sets of lyrics a day .

I would recommend working on your writing, if you really work at it, you could write those 2 songs legit in no time.
I know i could write lyrics, but the problem is the singer has lots of other activities, as does the rest of the band.

He doesnt seem to have the urgency that I do and I dont want to be a dick and get him to hurry up cuz he was honest and explained why he might not be ready. He has his main band, school, and a bunch of other stuff like the rest of us.
Just tell him that he's singing to all of the songs or none of them. Then he can decide how bad he wants to be in your band.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Generally, audiences totally do NOT dig instrumental bands. Jazz is an exception. Prog rock... maybe. Otherwise... no.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
^And Classical. Mozart had no lyrics in his music
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Quote by axemanchris
Generally, audiences totally do NOT dig instrumental bands. Jazz is an exception. Prog rock... maybe. Otherwise... no.

CT

Not even grindcore?!?

But that's based on the words, singing, and lyrics.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
I don't mind instrumental bands if there good and considering by your myspace your wayy better than a lot of shitty garage bands...
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight