I've been trying forever now to get a tone that I actually like out of my amp (Randall RX-30D) I've tried the whole, set them all to 5 and go from there, I honestly got nowhere, but stuck with something that just didn't suck balls. Its kinda starting to get me down, because I hear all these epic musicians with epic guitar tones.
Any advice you guys have for me? And, it'll more than likely be asked, so I play rock and metal mostly, and if need, I could go into detail and mention some bands.

Thanks in advance.
But...why would you bake a cake in the woods? No one bakes a cake in the woods! :O

...BATTLE CLERIC!
An Omen 6 with standard Schecter Diamond Plus pickups.
But...why would you bake a cake in the woods? No one bakes a cake in the woods! :O

...BATTLE CLERIC!
have you tried playing through your amp with a different guitar?

or you could try new pickups
Thats the only guitar that I have, and I don't really know anyone around here who plays guitar, except my friend..but he's a lefty.

I've thought about getting new pickups, but..I have no clue at all how to go about doing that.

...BATTLE CLERIC!
Quote by THEKID546
i say time for a new amp.

I agree, a new amp would be very nice, I'd like to upgrade to a tube amp if possible, but, I dunno if it'd be useless or not. Seeing as how I mostly play just at home and I don't know when my bands going to start gigging.

...BATTLE CLERIC!
what do you play, you dont need a tube amp for everything you know.
and what area do you live in.
go to your local guitar shop with your amp and ask if you can try some guitars out through your amp.
I play mostly metal and rock. Around the neighborhood of Metallica and Racer X type stuff.
Is that good enough?

I live in Virginia, in the western tip, about 30 mins from Tennessee.

...BATTLE CLERIC!