I just wondered if this would pose any electrical damage to the pedals or amp. Also, what kind of sound in comparison to FX loop and front of amp?

thanks
I'm pretty sure the components of pedals are not built to handle that kind of power.
Resistors in any analog pedal for example, will be rated like 1/4 Watt, half watt, 1 Watt, etc. Pumping 50 Watts through that thing is not gonna work.
If you run a powered signal through the effects you will definitely destroy the effects and will likely damage the head.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
you can run an attenuator like the THD Hot Plate between the power amp and cab...it's not a pedal, but it will allow you to turn up the power tubes for more distortion without having to play at extreme volumes....this is only if you have a tube amp (don't try it with anything solid state)
Pedals only tolerate the low wattage signals of guitars before the preamp and the preamp to power amp signal. All you would if you connect it to the speaker outputs is let the smoke out of everything.
Quote by theherodies
you can run an attenuator like the THD Hot Plate between the power amp and cab...it's not a pedal, but it will allow you to turn up the power tubes for more distortion without having to play at extreme volumes....this is only if you have a tube amp (don't try it with anything solid state)

Why on earth wouldn't it work with a solid state?
I mean there's definitely no reason to... but as long as the load says constant...
Quote by Jack Carver
Why on earth wouldn't it work with a solid state?
I mean there's definitely no reason to... but as long as the load says constant...

That's more because solid state power amp distortion isn't very musical.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
That's more because solid state power amp distortion isn't very musical.

Yeah, it would work, but it wouldn't be very desireable.
O O

___