i am looking for a new set of amps/effects (separated or together). the two main genres i play are Alternative Rock and Thrash Metal. I would like at least a 30w amp with at least a 12 inch speaker. the effects i would like are delay,flanger,overdrive,fuzz and whammy. i could go either with a multi-effects or some analog pedals and some in effects in the amp. my budget is of around $650 dollars

thanks
For $650 I'd say a peavey valveking 112 a BOSS DD-3, a tubescreamer and then you could get a Digitech wammy or something else.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Focus on the amp before you do anything about FX. There are not too many used in either of the genres you just proposed other than maybe reverb and delay.

When you get the amp, than you get the FX. Take it one step at a time

For $650

Peavey Valveking with a tube and speaker swap w/ dummy mods (check the Valveking thread for details)
Peavey Classic 30 with an overdrive
B-52 AT 122 combo
Bugera 6260 combo
Randall RG50 TC combo
Used Mesa DC-2 or DC-5
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Mesa Rectoverb
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Peavey Ultra combo

Check your local craigslist for help with the used stuff.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Focus on the amp before you do anything about FX. There are not too many used in either of the genres you just proposed other than maybe reverb and delay.

When you get the amp, than you get the FX. Take it one step at a time

For $650

Peavey Valveking with a tube and speaker swap w/ dummy mods (check the Valveking thread for details)
Peavey Classic 30 with an overdrive
B-52 AT 122 combo
Bugera 6260 combo
Randall RG50 TC combo
Used Mesa DC-2 or DC-5
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Mesa Rectoverb
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Peavey Ultra combo

Check your local craigslist for help with the used stuff.

This pwns