████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
a lot of it is pure bullshit, ive read up on it and most of the evidence is just pure shit.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by srcosmic6543
did you research it or something

No

Quote by Fuzzbox91
a lot of it is pure bullshit, ive read up on it and most of the evidence is just pure shit.

But he did.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
It's all interesting. The movies aren't very popular on UG because apparently individuals who sit around on the internet reading music forums are too smart and have it all figured out.

I just watched the second one yesterday and it's cool to see how the money system works, especially at a time where everything is so confusing and markets are crashing etc.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Jericho114
It's all interesting. The movies aren't very popular on UG because apparently individuals who sit around on the internet reading music forums are too smart and have it all figured out.

I just watched the second one yesterday and it's cool to see how the money system works, especially at a time where everything is so confusing and markets are crashing etc.

thanks. it helps to know there are logical people out there that love to be well informed, and also enjoy playing music.
Quote by Jericho114

Only a quarter of UG is retarded. Guess which piece of the pie thinks zeitgeist is a good, truthful movie despite lack of any source whatsoever?

Quote by srcosmic6543
thanks. it helps to know there are logical people out there that love to be well informed, and also enjoy playing music.

Look up the words logical and "wellinformed" please.
I havent researched the facts behind it, but from what I see and think about it, id take it at face value...I'm kinda 50/50.
Could be shite, could be real.
Quote by Jericho114

Yup. The first past on how money is made is all true. That is why a bank run is so destructive to a bank, because they don't actually have your money.
I watched them and I thought they were hella interesting for the most part, but are you guys serious about most of it being BS?
The Real Deal Holyfield
Quote by DjDreslay
I watched them and I thought they were hella interesting for the most part, but are you guys serious about most of it being BS?

I think if just a little of it is true then we're all f***ed.
Quote by Kensai
Only a quarter of UG is retarded. Guess which piece of the pie thinks zeitgeist is a good, truthful movie despite lack of any source whatsoever?

In all fairness the movie encourages you to research the topics yourself.

In my opinion they are interesting ideas, fiction or not it stil makes for a good story. It also encourages people to question what their govenments do, which I think is something we are losing in todays society.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Quote by DjDreslay

it's not bs. i would like somebody here to argue your point. prove something in that movie wrong. all of the facts are cited on the website.
Just a sensationalist piece of nonsense made up by paranoid libertarians who start screaming about masonry the second the federal government wants to implement a new tax. Who needs real evidence when they've got fancy words like "New World Order" to back up their claims. And then when someone actually does call them out for being the delusional mental cases that they are, they go right to Ad Hominem, accusing their critics of being naive and ill informed, or, better yet, include them into their convoluted conspiracy theories, winning the argument in their own head.
I'll play it and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
Quote by Jericho114

In my opinion they are interesting ideas, fiction or not it stil makes for a good story. It also encourages people to question what their govenments do, which I think is something we are losing in todays society.

+1 I enjoyed it.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by Kensai

Look up the words logical and "wellinformed" please.

all of the sources are on the web site. look up the definition for "logical" and "well informed" please.
Quote by FlyinHigh26
Just a sensationalist piece of nonsense made up by paranoid libertarians who start screaming about masonry the second the federal government wants to implement a new tax. Who needs real evidence when they've got fancy words like "New World Order" to back up their claims. And then when someone actually does call them out for being the delusional mental cases that they are, they go right to Ad Hominem, accusing their critics of being naive and ill informed, or, better yet, include them into their convoluted conspiracy theories, winning the argument in their own head.

i didn't know my dad used UG
Quote by Jericho114

I believe we should do that as well, sadly people aren't. They just watch the movie and assume everything is right because that's what they want to believe and the movie just furthers their suspicions backed up with dumbass claims people see as facts.

Quote by srcosmic6543
it's not bs. i would like somebody here to argue your point. prove something in that movie wrong. all of the facts are cited on the website.

Quote by srcosmic6543
all of the sources are on the web site. look up the definition for "logical" and "well informed" please.

Here's where you should think "Oh, I wonder if they're biased? Should I trust their infomation?" instead.

I mean... they made the ****ing movie. Of course they're biased.
Quote by Kensai
I believe we should do that as well, sadly people aren't. They just watch the movie and assume everything is right because that's what they want to believe and the movie just furthers their suspicions backed up with dumbass claims people see as facts.

Here's where you should think "Oh, I wonder if they're biased? Should I trust their infomation?" instead.

that's why you research the sources. you don't just look at a title and assume it contains accurate information.
Quote by FlyinHigh26

I have honestly never seen something that was so simple to say, put into such a long, boring, dragged out to make the poster look smart, paragraph in my life.

I hope you don't talk like that in public for your sake, and thanks for trying to insult an entire group of people while making yourself look like a complete goof.
Quote by red18420

the message its saying is true, that religion, corruption, and greed are all contributing to the fall of our society. its how they back this message up that is bullshit.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Jericho114
I have honestly never seen something that was so simple to say, put into such a long, boring, dragged out to make the poster look smart, paragraph in my life.

I hope you don't talk like that in public for your sake, and thanks for trying to insult an entire group of people while making yourself look like a complete goof.

I sort of agree, I think the words he was looking for were, bullshit made by crazy people. If he said this though, would people take him as seriously.

In real life, yea talking like that'd be bad.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Not saying of Zeitgeist is true or not, but from this thread and others, this is my conclusion.

It is actually impossible to make something beyond the norm and try to prove it true, even with 100% reliable sources, in fact, even the pure truth isn't true enough for many people on here I would say.

It it is 1000x easier to just call it all BS without even looking at the sources and continue living your ignorant lives. Yep, all BS, no need to even care right, it is all BS. In fact, everything is BS right? Nonfiction books might as well be called near bullshit.
Quote by srcosmic6543
that's why you research the sources. you don't just look at a title and assume it contains accurate information.

But that's what you're doing!
Quote by srcosmic6543

Just because something has sources doesn't mean those sources are credible.all of those sources share the same bias as him.
You should go ask /b/.

Be sure to download anything they give you, and remember, there, your SSN shows up as a series of asterisks.
Quote by Jericho114

There's nothing wrong with trying to present yourself well. I'd rather read a more detailed response than "lol shitsux".

edit:
And I think Zeitgeist makes some good points. Most notably the second one. The first not so much.
Quote by Kensai
But that's what you're doing!

as a metter of fact i have spent all day researching those sources. that is why i made this thread. that is why i am blown away by it. i am ready to refute, sir.

generation gap. period.
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
Just because something has sources doesn't mean those sources are credible.all of those sources share the same bias as him.

You checked all the sources?
The thing that is kinda weird is the whole Amero thing. With what's happening now in the economy, if it all goes under which it probably will, who's knows? Maybe they could say "f*** it, lets just start again with a new currency". It's possible I suppose.
Quote by FlyinHigh26
+1111

Quote by Jericho114

talk like what, an articulate person?

there was nothing especially drawn out or pretentious about that post, if you really think so.. I suggest spending a little less time in the pit
Last edited by blackflag49 at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by Archaon
There's nothing wrong with trying to present yourself well. I'd rather read a more detailed response than "lol shitsux".

I agree, I thought it was well-written.

Quote by srcosmic6543
as a metter of fact i have spent all day researching those sources. that is why i made this thread. that is why i am blown away by it. i am ready to refute, sir.

generation gap. period.

Oh I see, when you reach a certain age, like mine, you, instead of thinking rationally and applying any wisdom you've aquired during your life, you suddenly become incapable of absorbing knowledge and using critical thinking.

Shows how much you know. Thank you for proving my thesis about what kind of people believe in the zeitgeist bullshit
i guess either side of this could argue that the other side is "brain-washed". It is pointless to argue if it is true or not. I was just fascinated with it and want to talk about it to people who felt the same. Not argue with people. So if you disagree with the film, I am not interested in talking to you. That's not the point of this thread.
Quote by srcosmic6543
i guess either side of this could argue that the other side is "brain-washed". It is pointless to argue if it is true or not. I was just fascinated with it and want to talk about it to people who felt the same. Not argue with people. So if you disagree with the film, I am not interested in talking to you. That's not the point of this thread.

Yeah, I wonder what side.
Quote by Kensai
I agree, I thought it was well-written.

Oh I see, when you reach a certain age, like mine, you, instead of thinking rationally and applying any wisdom you've aquired during your life, you suddenly become incapable of absorbing knowledge and using critical thinking.

Shows how much you know. Thank you for proving my thesis about what kind of people believe in the zeitgeist bullshit

i didn't mean to insult you. i was simply saying that you have alot more experience and see things a dfferent way. maybe i have alot to learn. let's not turn this thread into something unpleasant.. i just wanted to talk to other fascinated people about this. did you really expect the younger generation to shrug this film off?

again, if there is a point in the movie that is bullshit, please cite it. i will refute it with unbiased and scholarly credibility.
Page 1 of 2