Hi,

english is not my first language so i'll do my best.

I looked up for some pedals, and i looked for the digitech, but they doesn't sound that good, i want more hi-fi, i did'nt heard line 6 pedal, but i don't like their amp, so i guess their amp will be like their effects... if i'm wrong, tell me, ( if a digitech sounds as good as the boss and if the line 6 pedals sound good ) so i looked for the pedal, but i'll be in a band, travelling between studio, houses of the members, etc... so having like 15 pedals is not something that i realy like, so i looked at the boss multi effects, and two models capted my attention, the gt-6 and the gt-8, the gt-8 cost 100 $ more than the gt-6, does it worth that 100 $ more ? and are other brand's products better ? ( i looked up for the line 6 m13, too pricey for me, the GNX3 from digitech, how does it sounds ? i want stuff that i'll keep for LONG so i want Hi-Fi, not nessesserely the gt-10, but something good ( the gt-6 is 250 $ and the gt-8 is 350 $ ).

thank you

guillaume
Last edited by gblais at Oct 14, 2008,
I have the GT-6, it's really good for how much I paid for it ($100). It has plenty of things you can tweak to find a good tone and you have plenty of presets to save on, its a good gigging pedal in my opinion
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Yeah I'd personally get the GT-10, newer is most of the time better when it comes to electronics
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
so you're saying that the GT-10 is WAY better than the gt-6 and the gt-8 ?

ok, i found the gt-10 at 400 $ used in good conditions, so the gt-8 is out of the game ( for 50 $ more i can have the gt-10 ), i heard that the line 6 m13 does'nt sound good, so even if it was cheap, it's out of the game, and now does the gt-10 worth the 150 $ more than the gt-6, i don't have a lot of money, i am 15 years old and i pay ALL my stuff so the cheaper the best but if you say that the gt-10 worth the extra money and i won't regret i'll chose it.

thanks
um as with all multi FX dont expect to much from the distortion. But for harmonizers and the all the other effects gt10 is brilliant
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
yeah, for the distortions, i have the boss overdrive mand the EHX metalmuff and on my marshall amp, there is a distortion, so this is not the effect that i need lol, but what are the differences between the gt-8 and gt-10 ?
oh, finally, i'll buy some pedals, i won't buy a multi effects, i've tried the gt10, and i like the effects that it makes, but omg, this is not simple, i've worked with pedals and this is WAY easyier to use.

now i have the cry baby gcb-95, the boss overdrive, the ehx metal muff and the onboard fx on my marshall, i want to buy the line 6 dl4. any other good effects you recomand me ?
The GT10 is not that bad or hard to use really. It even has the easy selector with which you can choose your tone fast, and then edit it a little for your taste. Ask some shopkeeper who knows how to use GT-10 to demonstrate it for you.
Personally I'm between GT-10 or POD X3 Live
Quote by Hirvikala
The GT10 is not that bad or hard to use really. It even has the easy selector with which you can choose your tone fast, and then edit it a little for your taste. Ask some shopkeeper who knows how to use GT-10 to demonstrate it for you.
Personally I'm between GT-10 or POD X3 Live

which has better tone? gt10 or pod x3?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
i've got the gt-8 and i love it, but i haven't tried the gt-10 yet.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by synestershadows
which has better tone? gt10 or pod x3?

I got Pod X3 Live some time ago now, and I like its tone, but its really up to preference which one has better tone. Some say that Pod has better amp tone, and that GT-10 has better effects. Also the looper in GT-10 can be quite handy for those who dont have looper already (but I have RC-50 so I don't need any other thing to do the loops)
Try them both at somewhere