Hey ladies and gents!

So I'm giving my Epi Sheraton II a once over. I'm going to be replacing all the wiring, pots, switch etc. and I've ordered a set of Bareknuckle Mules.

It seems people talk all the time about the differences in pickups, so I figured it'd be interesting to hear the exact same guitar/amp/recording setup before and after, with the only change being the pickups.

Any suggestions on the process and what you all might like to hear in this particular experiment? I've never really done a demo video before, and I only get one shot at recording the "before" soundclip since I'm only going to re-wire and swap pups once.

It'll be a Epi Sheraton II through a Traynor YCV50. I also have a Fulltone OCD around if needed. Stock wiring/pups first, then mojo wiring kit + bareknuckle mules.

Maybe no one even cares but I'm excited to make the videos.

Thoughts?

-James
Sounds interesting, looking forward to it.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
I'm very excited about that. Make sure the only variable changed is the pups. Even volume and the tone knobs on your guitar
Quote by mcrfobtai
I'm very excited about that. Make sure the only variable changed is the pups. Even volume and the tone knobs on your guitar

As I said in the first post I'm going to be replacing the pots/wiring at the same time. On a normal guitar I might do them seperately for the sake of video but I'm not going to go through the hassle twice of working everything through the f-hole.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Have fun doing that swap, man. I wouldn't wanna tackle that...

I'm a mechanical engineer (design/fluids) and I'll be working in the shop at my firm. So with a full machine shop and a few sidekicks, I'm not too worried about it I'm more worried about putting my horrendous playing on the internet!

You're welcome to come hang out and laugh when I drop a pot inside the f-hole and can't get it out. Where in SD are you?

-J
Oh, well, I didn't mean to demean to you in anyway; it's a difficult and time consuming job for anyone.

You're in San Diego? Cool stuff. I'm over by the the Stadium, or near Mesa College. Between there.

But yeah, it's do-able, but definitely a pain in the ass. I've done a fair amount of pickup swaps myself, but I still would rather have a trusted shop do it, haha. If you were leaving the old pots in there, I'd forward a cool tip I got from stewmac.com on how to do it easily and quickly.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Oh, well, I didn't mean to demean to you in anyway; it's a difficult and time consuming job for anyone.

You're in San Diego? Cool stuff. I'm over by the the Stadium, or near Mesa College. Between there.

But yeah, it's do-able, but definitely a pain in the ass. I've done a fair amount of pickup swaps myself, but I still would rather have a trusted shop do it, haha. If you were leaving the old pots in there, I'd forward a cool tip I got from stewmac.com on how to do it easily and quickly.

I didn't take any offense by it. I just meant that I love to tinker. I've never swapped pickups before but I'm looking forward to it. We've got a nice soldering setup here so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm in Encinitas, but I work in Carlsbad. I'll shoot you a PM whatever weekend I'm doing the work if you feel like coming by. I'll probably have an amp or two and some guitars in the shop so we can make lots of noise while working.

-James