Page 1 of 3
idk if this was discussed, i searched and nothing came up

anyways my friend tells me that they just release a brand new model for macbook and macbook pro and i go to check it out and wow it looks so much cleaner and nicer. I just got my macbook only a few weeks ago and now this comes out. So i was wondering any other mac users here pissed off as well? I feel like this is such a ripoff

EDIT: ok I know that technology changes but that doesnt mean i cant be angry at it. I mean I'm just asking if anyone else here feels angry about this too, just trying to connect, but whatever this is the pit so I guess I had it coming for me oh well...
Last edited by SenseS FaiL at Oct 14, 2008,
Erm...

Nope. Not pissed.

inb4"lolmacsuks"
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
The thing is, ya see, companies release new versions of products.

They just do. It's called market competition.
dude you should definately read up before buying any technology that hasnt been updated for over 6 months
Nope, just bad timing. It's not a rip off

Also, I'm an iMac user, not a Macbook user... so meh, I don't care.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Take it back and get a new model?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
lolmacsucks

Well it makes sense doesn't it? Technology advances very quickly.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
I was just talking about the new model earlier. It's so awesome. But if you bought it a few weeks ago and just passed the return date, it's your own damn fault. That's how technology works.

Me, on the other hand, had to get the old Macbook Pro before September, as required by my school. Oh well. Maybe I'll sell it in a year and get the new one if I want to. But that's not even really necessary. It's a damn good and durable laptop.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
apple makes new products so often, that its frustrating to have the old ones because they don't look as "cool". I have the old on, about 3 months old, and w/e. It'd be sweet to get the new one, but ill wait til this one dies, and they've realized half a dozen more macbooks

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by freedoms_stain

+1
Quote by aetherspear
who cares that its made of 1 piece of aluminum.

People who actually want quality in design.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Meh, would you believe my dreamcast is obsolete too?
Last edited by tona_107 at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain

I believe it's called planned obsolescence.
"I sorta don't trust anyone who doesn't like Led Zeppelin"
-Jack White
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Sweet, that means the prices of the older models will go down and I might be able to afford one.

MY LAST NAME IS O'KEEFE
Camilla Choads.
They're considerably higher spec than the old ones, and about £300 more (the cheapest model of each)
i got an old macbook pro from like 04 and it has a crack on the metal next to the screen which pops out all the time, the back of the macbook seperates from the front. that alone costs $670 to fix. The 0, left,right, enter key dont work, the screws are all loose, and due to all this damage, itd actually be cheaper to get a new one, but do you do u see me bitching about it by making a new forum, no...
Never been a fan of Macs.

"Look at me, I have really good graphics and can do detailed art!"

"Yeah, but, your computer only plays software made by the company that made it, and nobody has that, so you're not compatible with anyone."

"......"
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
so return your computer and buy the new one.

problem solved?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by dudetheman

"Yeah, but, your computer only plays software made by the company that made it, and nobody has that, so you're not compatible with anyone."

"......"

The correct version of the last response is:

"Wow, you are just plain wrong."

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by dudetheman

"......"

Actually, Microsoft Words and all the other working apps have a version for Mac as well as messenger and a lot of other.
Quote by SenseS FaiL
idk if this was discussed, i searched and nothing came up

anyways my friend tells me that they just release a brand new model for macbook and macbook pro and i go to check it out and wow it looks so much cleaner and nicer. I just got my macbook only a few weeks ago and now this comes out. So i was wondering any other mac users here pissed off as well? I feel like this is such a ripoff

No, I'm not pissed.
I got my macbook about 2 months ago, and I've come to realize over time (usually with the ipod) That anytime I buy something technological a new model tends to be released very shortly after. Call it bad timing, but whatever

Also after watching the video on the apple site about it, I don't need it. All it is is a new touch pad, and new screen, and 1 piece of aluminum, and maybe some better graphics. Yeah it looks nice, but its not a huge improvement. Its using the same program, it's still Leopard OS X. So it looks a little nicer, look at it this way. Instead of replacing your brand new macbook. In a few years when you replace, whether you need to or not. A new model will be out, and chances are it will have new features that are way better then a 1 piece of aluminum

So am I pissed off, no not at all
Quote by cpt jaredkent
No, I'm not pissed.
I got my macbook about 2 months ago, and I've come to realize over time (usually with the ipod) That anytime I buy something technological a new model tends to be released very shortly after. Call it bad timing, but whatever

Also after watching the video on the apple site about it, I don't need it. All it is is a new touch pad, and new screen, and 1 piece of aluminum, and maybe some better graphics. Yeah it looks nice, but its not a huge improvement. Its using the same program, it's still Leopard OS X. So it looks a little nicer, look at it this way. Instead of replacing your brand new macbook. In a few years when you replace, whether you need to or not. A new model will be out, and chances are it will have new features that are way better then a 1 piece of aluminum

So am I pissed off, no not at all

Exactly.

Although I do like the new dual GPU design. That would be nice to have instead of the 8600 always running even when I'm not playing games. The 1 piece aluminum was a good idea too. It strengthens the integrity of the structural design.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It doesn't seem that much better.

Clicking with the track pad just annoys me. I like having the button there.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by homer00799
i got an old macbook pro from like 04 and it has a crack on the metal next to the screen which pops out all the time, the back of the macbook seperates from the front. that alone costs $670 to fix. The 0, left,right, enter key dont work, the screws are all loose, and due to all this damage, itd actually be cheaper to get a new one, but do you do u see me bitching about it by making a new forum, no...

whoa relax buddy your whining a big deal in your post. and the only reason im complaining is because i want to see if there are any other people like me who bought a macbook just before the school season and now apple does this
hey do you know whats going to piss you off more?
they are dropping the price of the mac book
to $999
so im just going to wait...
Last edited by ms_tickley at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by homer00799

That's odd. The MacBook Pro didn't come out until 2006. I preordered mine and waited for it.

My son broke my screen but I bought a new one for 200 on ebay and put it in myself in an hour.
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
It doesn't seem that much better.

Clicking with the track pad just annoys me. I like having the button there.

Well I was wondering about that. I'm wondering if it's just a virtual click or if the new trackpad is actually one big button that you can actually click down. It looked like the latter from the video I saw.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well I was wondering about that. I'm wondering if it's just a virtual click or if the new trackpad is actually one big button that you can actually click down. It looked like the latter from the video I saw.

That sounds interesting.

I'm just not a fan of the former because I always end up clicking when I don't want to.

All the other differences didn't really do anything for me, either.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
lolmacsucks
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
hmm not really. i have a macbook pro but i bought it 2nd hand

i wouldnt be able to afford the new ones anyways
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Exactly.

Although I do like the new dual GPU design. That would be nice to have instead of the 8600 always running even when I'm not playing games. The 1 piece aluminum was a good idea too. It strengthens the integrity of the structural design.

yeah, it would be nice to have, and the new features would be nice. But its not a necessity. Its the whole want/need thing. You need to know the differences between wants and needs, before you get pissed. I'm glad you agree

and to the person who said that the button is better then the touch pad.

They arn't getting rid of the button, but the track pad itself is one big button. Your talking about how you'd rather click the button then tap the track pad. They arn't making the tapping the only thing possible, they are turning the track pad into one big button. So you still have a button its just more convnient
i hate how it doesn't have a right click button.

they bought like 130 macs for are school. every class there's like 3 people that get the black screen of death.

i know its not the macs fault but its really annoying
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Quote by SenseS FaiL
whoa relax buddy your whining a big deal in your post. and the only reason im complaining is because i want to see if there are any other people like me who bought a macbook just before the school season and now apple does this

If thats the case then you should be pissed that the free ipod touch/nano you got is old technology too. Seeing as how they just upgraded both as soon as the sale ended.

Thats why they do sales like that, because they are upgrading and a sale like they can boost there sales of all the old stuff, and then get a whole nother boost when everyone wants the new stuff.

thats business
Page 1 of 3