I have been working on legato for a couple months now I am good at legato with 1 2 and 4 finger and 1 and 3 finger but my 1 3 4 patteren blows. Its way slower that the others and ruins the flow of lagato licks. I have been just repeating the patteren over and over by just picking each note. But it seems to get me no where. I was wondering if there are any good excercises out there that you guys know. THanks in advance.
metronome gradually build up your strength and speed. it'll take time
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Relno
I have been working on legato for a couple months now I am good at legato with 1 2 and 4 finger and 1 and 3 finger but my 1 3 4 patteren blows. Its way slower that the others and ruins the flow of lagato licks. I have been just repeating the patteren over and over by just picking each note. But it seems to get me no where. I was wondering if there are any good excercises out there that you guys know. THanks in advance.

The weak link is the 3 - 4 combination, it's the weakest finger pair. Try doing trilling exercises using just those two fingers, it'll take a long time to build up the independance so mix it up by running variations on the chromatic exercises, focus on the 3/4 finger pair though, it's definitely the weak link.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Relno
ok thanks i'll give it a shot. should i pick every note or just do legato to build the finger stengh or does it reeally matter. I know legato is hammer ons and pull offs but picking could increases its strengh too.

Legato, especially if it's a legato run that's giving you problems.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.