im looking for pedals and amps that will give me a sludgy fuzzy sound, similiar to bongzilla, down, soilent green, mastodon.
boss mt-2 metal zone is pretty good. plus down and mastodon tune down to B and drop B.

<---- metal.
electro harmonix big muff or the pro co rat
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

[quote="'Townson[BTE"]44']boss mt-2 metal zone is pretty good. plus down and mastodon tune down to B and drop B.
no.
get a GOOD amp, or a metal muff.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
dont like the mt-2, too generic and not fuzzy enough, and yeah i know im playing in b already.
High gain Marshall type distortion with a mahogany bodied guitar tuned down 1 & 1/2 steps to C#.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
um... fairly large budget, using a randall rg75. but no i definately want some sort of sludge or grunge pedal, amp distortion isnt giving me what i want...
If you're looking for a new amp there is really one requirement for sludge and doom... It has to be LOUD!!! Fairly inexpensive amps I would suggest: Sovtek Mig100, Laney AOE, and a Peavey VTM120. However, the holy grail for that type of music is an original Sunn Model T.

Speaking of mastodon they usually tune 1 step down to D, and for some songs (Iron Tusk, March of the fire ants...) they continue to drop the 6th string to A. But, as far as their tone goes it's just either a cranked JCM800 w/ an overdrive pedal, or a 70's style plexi w/ an overdrive pedal.

However, if you really want to use pedals to get a really sludgy/fuzzy tone then why don't you just look at some nice boutique fuzz pedals.