Epiphone Explorer's aren't that bad, was actually going to get one instead of my PRS.
http://www.youtube.com/user/w0nk001

1977 Gibson SG

Line 6 Toneport UX2

Peavey EVH 5150

Quote by poidaobi;8303134
Fiddy Juan Fiddy
Dual Rectumfrier Too Chaaan

Had an ENGRUL Powerlawl and a Fraymus Co-Bra.
Quote by w0nk001
Epiphone Explorer's aren't that bad, was actually going to get one instead of my PRS.

epi isnt an imitation company
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
My first guitar was a Karina or something like that. It was a Fender Strat imitation and it was terrible, go for the real thing.

Yeah epi's aren't imitation they're just cheaper gibsons really (gibson does own epiphone afterall)
i have a vintage ibanez pre lwasuit les paul and that thing kills.
for guitars under around $800 you cant go wrong with ibanez.
Quote by Swap-Meet
the guitar I want (mustang) is 790$...i think it may be too pricey with other shit i need to get

my personal advice, dont mess around with low end fenders, they require a lot of maintenence. i dont know which specific one you are talkin about but i had a roadhouse hss strat and it sound great but i had to adjust he truss a lot and the action was horrible and the neck was fat. it also had no sustain.

once you play ibanez guitars though all other guitar necks dont feel right(except gibson, their necks are very comfortable)
Quote by All_Bodies
my personal advice, dont mess around with low end fenders, they require a lot of maintenence. i dont know which specific one you are talkin about but i had a roadhouse hss strat and it sound great but i had to adjust he truss a lot and the action was horrible and the neck was fat. it also had no sustain.

once you play ibanez guitars though all other guitar necks dont feel right(except gibson, their necks are very comfortable)

Mustang isn't a low end fender, I don't really like Ibanez's, or Gibsons. Your post is pretty pointless....I've played so many guitars (strats, LP's, SG's, random higher end ibanez's, tele's, etc..) and i don't like the feel of any of those nearly as much as I do like Jags & Mustangs...with the exception of the Roadhouse Deluxe Strat.
Quote by Swap-Meet
Mustang isn't a low end fender, I don't really like Ibanez's, or Gibsons. Your post is pretty pointless....I've played so many guitars (strats, LP's, SG's, random higher end ibanez's, tele's, etc..) and i don't like the feel of any of those nearly as much as I do like Jags & Mustangs...with the exception of the Roadhouse Deluxe Strat.

heh, just opinions i guess. is the mustang MIA? im not very familiar with that line or model, i just thought it was similar to the jag.

was a fender your first guitar?

i think people generally tend to stick brands that they start out with.
i started playing with an ibanez and continue to use them( i like les pauls and sg's too, and godin guitars, those are nice too)
Quote by All_Bodies
heh, just opinions i guess. is the mustang MIA? im not very familiar with that line or model, i just thought it was similar to the jag.

was a fender your first guitar?

i think people generally tend to stick brands that they start out with.
i started playing with an ibanez and continue to use them( i like les pauls and sg's too, and godin guitars, those are nice too)

my first guitar was a crate, strat immitation. Mustangs & Jags are what I like. I think the Mustang is MIJ...but it's not a "low end"....I think the MIMs are what people consider "low end"
Quote by Swap-Meet
my first guitar was a crate, strat immitation. Mustangs & Jags are what I like. I think the Mustang is MIJ...but it's not a "low end"....I think the MIMs are what people consider "low end"

ya i should have done more research on the guitar, i dont know about fender but i know only the inest ibanez' are nade in japan so maybe that goes for fender too. i doubt they have sweat shops were they are makin $200 strats.

im just not into fenders, everyone likes different things. if thats what works for ya, stick with it. what specific model is it? do you have a link to mf of gc?
Since I own an ibanez I would recommend one for a great guitar for alot cheaper than fender or gibson
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Since I own an ibanez I would recommend one for a great guitar for alot cheaper than fender or gibson

Ibanez don't make mustang immitations.

Quote by All_Bodies
ya, that looks like it suit your kind of music well, thats what i was trying to say. i play shred, metal, blues, and jazz. wierd lookin thing. thurston moore played those in sonic youth.

it's a sexy looking thing

Kurt Cobain, Mark Arm, Steve Turner, John Frusciante

all played mustangs...I'm sure I am forgetting a few other guys too
Quote by Iceman 420
Edwards.

I strongly agree! I bought a Gibson Darkfire a month ago for $6000 AUS and my wife was in Japan and picked me up a 2008 EDWARDS LP Honeyburst (Les Paul Copy) for $890 AUS
The Edwards ****s all over the Gibson! I can not believe the quality and attention to detail this Edwards guitar has. I still love my Gibson but your paying 80% of price for the name only! I would never had bothered with a Gibson If I bought the Edwards first. I was a skeptic until I played one and I challenge anyone to dissagree after playing an EDWARDS.
unfortunatly Edwards are not available outside of Japan because of copyright infrindgment but there are websites that sell near new or box opened ones and ship overseas.
Quote by Bazedq
My first guitar was a Karina or something like that. It was a Fender Strat imitation and it was terrible, go for the real thing.

Yeah epi's aren't imitation they're just cheaper gibsons really (gibson does own epiphone afterall)

Probably Korina...

I believe Gibson bought them out and began making their Explorers