hey, so, maybe some of you read my thread about the pawn shop that didnt wanna buy a guitat from me

long story short, theres a lefty sg im getting tomorrow, and when i saw it the first time i only took 2 looks at it

but now i have the money thing sorted out and im going to pick it up

so what should i look for to make sure i dont get a lemon when i get home

all i can think of is neck straightness, make sure all the machine heads turn and thats really it.. help?
]

edit, ill put this in the eg thread too just to be safe
since you are buyin it at a pawn shop you probably should make sure that the input jack isnt loose, and that the pickups arent loose
Make sure it's made of wood... my cousin almost got ripped off like that before. Laugh now, but its true.

Will he let you try it out? I'd bring a small practice amp + patch cord and play it for a few mins before buying it. I don't really like getting guitar gear from pawn shops unless I know the previous owner.
Quote by Superstrat101
Make sure it's made of wood... my cousin almost got ripped off like that before. Laugh now, but its true.

Will he let you try it out? I'd bring a small practice amp + patch cord and play it for a few mins before buying it. I don't really like getting guitar gear from pawn shops unless I know the previous owner.

ya i see where your coming from
idk if hed let me try it, he should, and ya i dont really like buying from pawn shops either
but i know its real wood and its an authentic epi i think

but a small practise amp is impossible for me, ill see if hell hook one up

thanks