My mother is traveling to new york at the end of the month, and she can bring me a guitar. Im almost decided to go for the fender strat Floyd, because I love strats HSS, and I love to whammy.

Is the floyd they bring an OFR? in guitar center it does not specify...

Is there a better option with FR and such versatility, for that money?

Cheers
i don't think too many people have this guitar so maybe ask over in Electric Guitar forum.

you're talking about the Standard strat with FR for $499 right? I don't think it is an OFR.

this is just me, but for extra cost and the extra time to restring etc it isn't worth it. Plus I like to change my tuning on the fly. The Standard HSS strat with Vintage trem should be more than enough to do some bends and pull ups without going out of tune. I do that a lot and do not have any tuning problems.

check airline first and make sure they will accomodate your Mother's extra 'carry on'
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i don't think too many people have this guitar so maybe ask over in Electric Guitar forum.

you're talking about the Standard strat with FR for $499 right? I don't think it is an OFR.

this is just me, but for extra cost and the extra time to restring etc it isn't worth it. Plus I like to change my tuning on the fly. The Standard HSS strat with Vintage trem should be more than enough to do some bends and pull ups without going out of tune. I do that a lot and do not have any tuning problems.

check airline first and make sure they will accomodate your Mother's extra 'carry on'

mmm. I really want FR. I play from rock to metal to jazz. Everything except emo.

I really want FR, because I usually use it when fooling around. I grab the guitar by the whammy and pull it up. Tats why Fr would be nice...
right. you can do that with a vintage trem if it's set up properly. It won't have the same range as an FR but do you have any experience in restringing or tuning with an FR. Some people say it is not a big deal, but personally - I would find it frustrating.

BTW - I forgot to mention that I don't see that guitar on fender.com anymore so I'm not sure they make it still. Did you call to see if a GC in NY has one? You may need to pre-order if that is what you really want.
Quote by divinorum69
...grab the guitar by the whammy and pull it up. Tats why Fr would be nice...

You know what? No. You really shouldn't be getting a guitar with a Floyd Rose VIBRATO system. You are not Herman Li. Stop. Get an epiphone les paul. Get a case. You are DONE.

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Les%20Paul%20Standard%20Electric%20Guitar_-1_10052_10002_437091_cmCategorySA182593

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_TM100C%20Artcore%20Series%20Hardshell%20Guitar%20Case_-1_10052_10002_-49997749_cmCategorySA-10001

And if you REALLY cannot wait to get those Extreme scooped mid nu-metal pull ups and divebombs get this

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_KH202%20Kirk%20Hammett%20Signature%20Model%20Electric%20Guitar%20Black_-1_10052_10002_-49982449_cmCategorySA-10001

Sam ash is easy enough to find. Hop on the N train to 49th st and walk away from the m&m store.
Quote by sesstreets
You know what? No. You really shouldn't be getting a guitar with a Floyd Rose VIBRATO system. You are not Herman Li. Stop. Get an epiphone les paul. Get a case. You are DONE.

I understand the basic idea, but that's no reason not to let him have a FR guitar, after all, he's probably 1000x better than Herman Li.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by sesstreets

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Les%20Paul%20Standard%20Electric%20Guitar_-1_10052_10002_437091_cmCategorySA182593

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_TM100C%20Artcore%20Series%20Hardshell%20Guitar%20Case_-1_10052_10002_-49997749_cmCategorySA-10001

And if you REALLY cannot wait to get those Extreme scooped mid nu-metal pull ups and divebombs get this

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_KH202%20Kirk%20Hammett%20Signature%20Model%20Electric%20Guitar%20Black_-1_10052_10002_-49982449_cmCategorySA-10001

Sam ash is easy enough to find. Hop on the N train to 49th st and walk away from the m&m store.

You know what? No. You really shouldn't be talking to him like this. You are not cool. Stop. Get a clue. Get a life. You are DONE.

He can get whatever he wants for any reason. If he wants a guitar with a tremolo, then he can get one. It really upsets me that you would talk to him like that.

Anyway, Since none of us know about the quality of the floyd on that fender, i would suggest getting somthing with a known quality trem, maybe like the ibanez S series.
I live in NYC ._.

Sad news though, there aren't anymore FR HSS Strats in GC (Queens and Manhattan), Sam Ash (Both Brooklyn and Manhattan), Manny's Music, or Rudy's.

But if you really want something with a quality trem, most Jacksons have great LFR's from what I heard around the same price range. Otherwise, any Non-Edge III Ibanez really holds well and lasts quite a while.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Does it have to be new and from NY?

I'd look around for a used RG560. HSS and floyd.
I'd say go for a Jackson DK2 instead, it's a great guitar. I think the FR on the strat , though, is an Floyd Rose II, not bad considering.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
/\

Second the Jackson Dinky; it's made out of alder, HSS setup, Floyd Rose, etc. They play and sound really good too.
@311ZOSOVHJH : I’m gonna call to NY’s GC next week, the week before my Mother goes, I’m gonna ask if they have, or if not if they can bring one from another GC in the continent. In the GC website the strat is in stock, at least Red Chrome, Midnight Wine, and 3 color sunburst.

@sesstreets: Thanks, don’t want an epi lp standard. My Johnson beats one of those. Yes I’ve compared both before you ask. Plus I do that thing of the whammy only one time, at the end of the solo, and it is to show off, plus its fun. I don’t break the guitar; I take great care of my guitars, at least of my Johnson which is my best. The frankenstrat is a very cheap guitar made out of MDF, I would not cry if it breaks.

@Justice4AllOne: I don’t know if I play 1000x better than Herman Li, but I do not make shred music, I try to make music for all the public, If you know what I mean. Anyways thanks

@Wylde_Man: Thanks, I seriously do not want an Ibanez, I’d rather go with Jackson.

@DotSick: Im gonna pre-order. Il check up on the Jacksons

@Paroxysm :
Yes my mother is going to NY for 10 days and coming back to Argentina, we’ve got no paypal, and Im not going to go on a Deal that I have to control from here by phone with some random dude from Ebay, not safe enough.

@oneblackened: I’m gonna look in in the DK2. Yes I’ve seen a used Mexican Floyd strat from 1994 and it had Floyd rose II. Maybe its still the same… Is it any good.

@RG_FANMAN : Which ones better dinky or DK2? Are Jacksons versatile enough to play some Jazz?

@DespisedIcon : Ibanez no thanks. I know they are good but Id rather get myself a standard fender strat.

So Jacksons are versatile enough? Prices?
What about a regular fender Mexican strat, are they good?
Think it this way, Im upgrading from a EPI LP custom. (My Johnson; I know it’s a copy but its made in Japan from one piece Cedar, and plays and sounds pretty good.
Thanks a lot
FR II's are OK from what I've heard. Think Schaller Licensed FR. Oh, also, the Jackson DK2 is a Dinky.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Dk2 with EMG's and smaller inlays.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
i'd say you could do jazz with it given the right amp, or rolling off the tone knob. I've seen my guitar teacher play REALLY jazzy stuff using his strat with the neck pickup and the tone rolled off.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
i'd say you could do jazz with it given the right amp, or rolling off the tone knob. I've seen my guitar teacher play REALLY jazzy stuff using his strat with the neck pickup and the tone rolled off.

thanks for the advice, helps a lot.

But im really falling in love with the Jackson DK2 Dinky electric guitar, transparent red finish : http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DK2-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-511668-i1147189.gc

Dont know, is the Jackson-licensed Floyd Rose low-profile double locking trem better than Floyd Rose II?
The Jackson FR is the second-best non-OFR Floyd Rose. Only the OFR itself is better, so I'd say go DK2. Great action. great Floyd Rose, and great pickups makes a good deal.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
The Jackson FR is the second-best non-OFR Floyd Rose. Only the OFR itself is better, so I'd say go DK2. Great action. great Floyd Rose, and great pickups makes a good deal.

Thanks Snake, (Nice username and avatar by the way) Im probably gonna get the jackson, although Im gonna have to scavange for an extra 100 quid for the casey
Quote by divinorum69
Thanks Snake, (Nice username and avatar by the way) Im probably gonna get the jackson, although Im gonna have to scavange for an extra 100 quid for the casey

You are welcome. Also, the Seymour Duncan JB (the bridge pickup of the DK2) is the most versatile pickup I have ever played. It can go from metal to blues fast.

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
You are welcome. Also, the Seymour Duncan JB (the bridge pickup of the DK2) is the most versatile pickup I have ever played. It can go from metal to blues fast.

Next monday im gonna call GC, to pre-order Jackson Dinky DK2 in transparent red finish. Still got to consult prices with my mother...

Im gonna ask anyways for the fender.
Quote by divinorum69
Next monday im gonna call GC, to pre-order Jackson Dinky DK2 in transparent red finish. Still got to consult prices with my mother...

Im gonna ask anyways for the fender.

Do so, just in case GC doesn't have it. Which could be a chance.

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I've played one a long time ago, I really liked it. The person had customized it by putting in a MoJoe in the bridge (if I'm not mistaken) and had sanded the neck for faster playability than the gloss finish on the back of the neck (his preferance) and I really liked how it played and sounded. I'd recommend it for sure, but I had thought they were discontinued
sweet....that's like Monday. We'll look forward to your New Guitar Day so make sure you've got your digital camera recharged and all.

are they going to set it up for you too? It will have .09's on it out of the gate. I prefer a heavier gauge. Make sure you post it in the Stratlovers thread too.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
sweet....that's like Monday. We'll look forward to your New Guitar Day so make sure you've got your digital camera recharged and all.

are they going to set it up for you too? It will have .09's on it out of the gate. I prefer a heavier gauge. Make sure you post it in the Stratlovers thread too.

Thanks, no set up. My mother arrives from NY, im sorry not monday, but tuesday. Im gonna do what you told me, im gonna post it on the stratlovers thread and im gona do a new guitar day

cheers