The chords go like this:

D-Dmaj7-Em-Em(maj7)

...and the rhythm is

D------------------------------------------Dmaj7--------
ta, eighth rest, ti ti ti, eighth rest, ta, ta, ta, ta

then the same rhythms that for the next two chords and repeat.

Any ideas? I'm pretty sure it's a well known folk or pop song.
haha
Last edited by Amart at Oct 14, 2008,
i don't know what it's from, but that's a beautiful chord progression
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
i don't know what it's from, but that's a beautiful chord progression

Yeah it is. I was about to turn it into a song, but I'm pretty sure one has already been created around it. I don't want to rip anyone off, so I'm hoping someone here can tell me.
haha
Last edited by Amart at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by Amart
Yeah it is. I was about to turn it into a song, but I'm pretty sure one has already been created around it. I don't want to rip anyone off, so I'm hoping someone here can tell me.

Pretty much every conceivable chord progression has been used at least a million times. Use phrasing, instrumentation, rhythm, etc. to make the piece unique.
I was about to turn it into a song, but I'm pretty sure one has already been created around it.

It's a chord progression. Jesus.
You are not going to come up with an novel chord progression.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
It's a chord progression. Jesus.
You are not going to come up with an novel chord progression.
Why not? What if I use chromatics in some of my lines?

Please dont say foolery like that. You dont know the skill level of the T/S, he could be some wickedly jedi-like jazz arranger with chromatical ninjery skills.
Quote by demonofthenight
Why not? What if I use chromatics in some of my lines?

Please dont say foolery like that. You dont know the skill level of the T/S, he could be some wickedly jedi-like jazz arranger with chromatical ninjery skills.

I wasn't being condescending. Tonal music has been explored to death. The odds of him devising a completely novel progression, especially within the realms of mainstream music, are staggeringly low. Refusing use a chord progression because it has been used before is absurd. It's like Beethoven refusing to use a V-I cadence because Bach already did it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by Archeo Avis
I wasn't being condescending. Tonal music has been explored to death. The odds of him devising a completely novel progression, especially within the realms of mainstream music, are staggeringly low. Refusing use a chord progression because it has been used before is absurd. It's like Beethoven refusing to use a V-I cadence because Bach already did it.
Well, according to the contrapuctual rules bach (and possibly beethoven) followed, it was impossible to not use a V-I cadence at the end of their songs...

Regardless, T/S's progression isnt diatonic.
^Neither is a lot of music, and it's all been done before (think Slayer/Megadeth).
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Quote by Archeo Avis

That may be true, but if you actually play the progression with the given rhythm, their is a melody within it that is quite particular. One that would be easily noticed if it was used in another context.

So the consensus is that it isn't from another song? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
haha
Last edited by Amart at Oct 15, 2008,