I have to read Plato's book of the republic (Sounds like a star wars reference) and compare or contrast their views on eternity and truth. Th problem is I can't understand anything they are talking about, and it doesn't help that it doesn't say who's talking at what time. Has anyone read these books, and can help me to understand what these people are talking about?

Thanks
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
lol I have to read that next month for classics...just got done reading the iliad. My advice is to use wikipedia or sparknotes.
I am not going to explain it but I will say this.

Chances are 9 out of every 10 questions are being asked by Socrates.

The short "Undoubtably" and the "Yes, I agree" and the "As we have stated before" are always whomever he was talking to.

But whose views do you have to contrast exactly?

Oh, and also, a lot of the questions being asked are really setting up for the definiton of whatever key word they are talking about. You don't necesarily have to understand every word they say, just look for the defining statement of whatever concept they are discussing.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Seryaph
I am not going to explain it but I will say this.

Chances are 9 out of every 10 questions are being asked by Socrates.

The short "Undoubtably" and the "Yes, I agree" and the "As we have stated before" are always whomever he was talking to.

But whose views do you have to contrast exactly?

Oh, and also, a lot of the questions being asked are really setting up for the definiton of whatever key word they are talking about. You don't necesarily have to understand every word they say, just look for the defining statement of whatever concept they are discussing.

This.
Also the key is to read slowly, when reading a piece of writing like this you need to make sure to take it slow otherwise you will find yourself getting lost. Reading out loud (even though it seems ridiculous) can be helpful
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I either have to either compare or contrast Socrates' views to Glaucon's views on truth or eternity. Its an essay where we have to use a paradox intro. Basically an essay that shows we know how to use the right way to compare or contrast in the story we're reading. The thing is Ive been reading it and I know its like a play where after each line is the next person, but it would be a lot helpful if any of these online sites had the name next to the text. Only using the books we have read which is 6 and 7.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Last edited by The Master Plan at Oct 14, 2008,
Oh, you mean the Philosopher King?
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Honestly to me it seems as if Plato was pretty stoned and was just writing whatever came in and out of his mind.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3