ok so at the moment i'm kind of in 3 bands

first band is a pseudo prog metal band that i write the music and play guitar for

second band is an alternative rock band that i play drums for

third band is a cover band that does metal versions of boy band songs

my question is...is it possible i could be overwhelmed by playing in 3 bands? the first two would probably play the same shows since there are 3 mutual members including myself.
Depends on what else you have going in your life. I mean if you're balls deep in high school, do sports, have a high maintenance girl friend, and have other responsibilities, then you'll get overwhelmed and not have time for all 3. Otherwise, you should be fine.
personally, i think its fine to be in as many bands as you like, but i prefer to have one serious band, and a couple others

i play guitar in my main band, bass in a friends band until he finds a replacement, i do alot of stand-ins for bass, guitar and drums in other bands, and in my spare time i write alot of industrial/new wave type stuff on my computer
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

depends largely on how often the bands gig and tour. If you are in one band that tours a lot then even one more band is too much for most people.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Depends on whats going on in the bands. I mean some "bands" or just there to jam with, some are serious into gigging and writing new material, some just can't get their shit together. So it really depends. A few might fall out of your attention eventually though, so long as you're not overwhelmed.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
It really depends on your level of involvement and what you want to do.

If in two of the bands you aren't really writing much, I don't think it will be too difficult. And if you want to be in three bands, by all means go for it.
Well I'm in two bands (a one man act and one with my brother) and thinking of starting another 1 or 2 one man bands. (for the record I don't play shows or anything so my one man acts are more of time fillers)
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
One man as in solo? I don't know about you, but band or not, my solo work is always on-going. Thats usually a given. Some songs don't always fit with a given direction.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I met a guy who is in 5 bands.... I think theyre his only career, too. In my opinion, hes got it good..... playing music for a living.