The title pretty much sums this one up; which is "better" for guitar finishing? Almost everyone I hear of on here uses lacquer, so that's what I've been using for the first 3-4 finishes I've done, but then I saw someone using enamel, saying how it dries much faster and harder. Is that true?

What's the trade off? What's the difference/character traits of these two finishes?
Well, I have always used lacquer with great results.

I would love to know the difference though!

I think the answer lies with Ippon, the finish master.

I'll check the Ultimate Refinishing thread for answers.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by lumberjack
The title pretty much sums this one up; which is "better" for guitar finishing? Almost everyone I hear of on here uses lacquer, so that's what I've been using for the first 3-4 finishes I've done, but then I saw someone using enamel, saying how it dries much faster and harder. Is that true?

What's the trade off? What's the difference/character traits of these two finishes?
absolutely NOT.
Enamel dries MUCH more slowly than lacquer. Enamel is tougher and more durable, though.

Lacquer forms a "skin", quickly after spraying that prevents dust from penetrating and becoming embedded in the paint. Enamel requires a cleaner environment for spraying.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.