With my school, we'l be in a hotel for 2 weeks and living with our own separate families for the last week.

So who here is from Berlin or has been to Berlin ? What is there to do and what are the people like ?
From my experience:
Berliners = Angry
People in Munich = Friendly

That is generalizing, of course, but my german friend agrees to it too.
Where are you from?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Flying Couch
Yeah, those donuts have a temper.

They look harmless, but if look away they will RAPE your ASS.

I wish I was going to Germany though.
in b4 reference to Fam Guy episode where Brian and Stewie end up in Germany
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Avoid Berlin at all costs. Haven't you seen Road Trip? Dude, you will be Shanghaied and diverted to an estranged struggling former Warsaw Pact country wherein your sac will be forced to do a 180. That hurts bad. Oh, you will be force fed Hee-Haw re-runs for days on end....
Quote by n2dabloo
Avoid Berlin at all costs. Haven't you seen Road Trip? Dude, you will be Shanghaied and diverted to an estranged struggling former Warsaw Pact country wherein your sac will be forced to do a 180. That hurts bad. Oh, you will be force fed Hee-Haw re-runs for days on end....

I used to live in Berlin. It's a pretty nice place. The locals are kind of different, Berliners aren't regarded as very friendly because they don't really greet you or anything. That doesn't mean they don't like you, that's just the way they are.
Anyway, expect alot of hostility if you tell them you're from the US. If you aren't American, (I see now that you're Canadian) then maybe you'd be wise to point that out to them haha.
Also, get ready for the whitest place you've ever been to! Seriously, there's very little diversity. The plus side is that the beer is good and it is also cheap. Try to find Augustiner (sp?) beer. It will be in a dark brown bottle with a green sticker. It's the best beer I've ever had in my life. If you aren't 16, it doesn't matter just tell them you are.
Anyway, have fun!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by n2dabloo

That film saved so many americans from having to get a passport.

Also berlin is pretty cool. In terms of what to do...start a misinformed tyrannical fascist regime and grow a very bad moustache?
Quote by Furnase
From my experience:
Berliners = Angry
People in Munich = Friendly

That is generalizing, of course, but my german friend agrees to it too.

Yeah that's generally true. I've lived in both places actually haha. The thing to consider is that people from Munich are not exactly "friendly" per say, only friendly when compared to Berliners haha! Or when they are drunk. Which I guess is about 75% of the time.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
I went there on my vacation about 4-5 years ago, I did my own personal 'beer and brat' tasting tour. Many small villages and taverns, local food and brews, definitely a wonderful country; I'd live there.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Rising
Canada, Quebec.

That's pretty cool. You're very lucky to have the chance to experience other cultures like that. I'm from America. None of the programs in my area ever did anything cool like that, especially not the schools.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
You're going to Germany?

Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Drink beer.

It's how I can still stand this shithole that Germany is becoming.
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.