So, my computer got infected by the vundo trojan and mcafee says it's gone. However it's not true because google is still screwed up and there's a lot of random pop-ups. Does anyone know a way to get rid of it entirely, because it's really starting to piss me off.
as a last resort system reboot that mother

oops i think i meant system restore? idk the thing in windows where you basically re-install windows but everything gets lost
1. dont do anything that involves system32
2. GeekSquad
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Sounds like you have spyware that has already infected your computer. I suggest downloading a spyware removal program. There are tons of freeware programs on the net. If that fails, you may need to system restore like the guy above me said.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
This removed my trojan as if it was a minor cookie on my laptop.
Use this, scan it, remove the trojan, restart your computer, scan again, restart!
Everything should be fine after.
If not, PM me and I'll help you remove it IF that program doesn't work.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
I had that for like 2 months, and it really pissed me off. I punched my laptop a few times (to no avail, haha).
I got Kaspersky and it got rid of it once and for all, but by then it had done so much damage that I just system restored.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by iTzMaTT
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
This removed my trojan as if it was a minor cookie on my laptop.
Use this, scan it, remove the trojan, restart your computer, scan again, restart!
Everything should be fine after.
If not, PM me and I'll help you remove it IF that program doesn't work.

I've got ESET anti-virus, which blocks the viruses i might get and corners em in so that can't do any harm. Then if i can't remove them with ESET, i use malwarebytes. That shit works wonders. I got a trojan loader from a spyware program, and omfg it removed it in a minute.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
1. dont do anything that involves system32
2. GeekSquad

1. True
2. FALSE. geeksquad BAD. Find a good local store and ask for help, the techs there tend to be independent and also a good bit more experienced. They'll do the job and won't mess with anything else on your computer unless you piss them off.
AVG or some other free anti-virus. really good imo

lay off the pr0n...
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Whoa. You got a lot of serious responses. im proud of you pit. Now i'll go look for something for me to be disgusted by.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Quote by SteveHouse

Oh, were you serious?

no

i felt the seriousness of the first statement had to be balanced by a humorous second statement
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!