Page 1 of 2
So, I was tuning in to the Spongebob Special, WhoBob WhatPants, when it went to a commercial. It ended up being a "Kids Pick the President" ad. I wasn't paying too much attention to the commercial, until very faintly in the background, a familiar chord progression began to echo. At first I was skeptical, but upon further investigation (i.e. listening closer), I discovered it was an instrumental version of "Stop!" by Against Me!. Here is the link for non believers (although, I feel this won't be too much of a surprise)

http://www.nick.com/shows/specials/kpp_07/

How does this happen? Did Sire just hand this out? Does Against Me know about this, or care? I'm not really MAD. Its been a long time coming. Anyway, discuss.

and Up The SpongeBob Punx
myspace.com/barcodeyouth
How dare they get children interested in national politics?

Sellouts.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I love Against Me!

I love Gainesville
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Well. Any argument Against Me! ever had about signing to a major not being a big sell out move just got burned up by a mythical dragon and encased in a Kryptonium cage that was summarily hurled into the sun. Not our sun, but a distant star. In another universe. Inhabited by demons. Demons who have sold their soul to the space devil. The Space Devil being the half-brother of the Robot Devil. Of course, the Space Devil is well versed in the arts of soul-binding, so he has taken Against-Me!'s credibility and binded it to a sword forged by the very descendants of the Roman guard that stabbed Jesus in the heart. Also the sword is made from radioactive vipers who have been infected with AIDs. AIDs that is infected with AIDs.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
Well. Any argument Against Me! ever had about signing to a major not being a big sell out move just got burned up by a mythical dragon and encased in a Kryptonium cage that was summarily hurled into the sun. Not our sun, but a distant star. In another universe. Inhabited by demons. Demons who have sold their soul to the space devil. The Space Devil being the half-brother of the Robot Devil. Of course, the Space Devil is well versed in the arts of soul-binding, so he has taken Against-Me!'s credibility and binded it to a sword forged by the very descendants of the Roman guard that stabbed Jesus in the heart.

i can see it all clearly

Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
How dare they get children interested in national politics?

Sellouts.

i felt a little sarcasm. I'm not disappointed or anything. But, just to reply to what you said; I dont think their song playing in the background is going to get anyone that watches that show to go "hmm, what an interesting song that is"
myspace.com/barcodeyouth
Last edited by Absent Cries at Oct 15, 2008,
I heard MTV was using Stop in their go vote ads, and I think MTV and Nickelodeon is owned by the same company so it's not a big surprise.

element4433's fun fact of the day: A nickelodeon was a movie theater in the early 20th century that showed short movies for a nickel.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm still convinced that I heard Japanther on mtv
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by element4433
element4433's fun fact of the day: A nickelodeon was a movie theater in the early 20th century that showed short movies for a nickel.

Very educational, thanks.

I'm gonna have to go with axe on this one.

Quote by original=punk
We should all Vote for Obama on that site.

I just did
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Last edited by HiImKindaNewAnd at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by element4433

Hence http://www.odeon.co.uk/
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by element4433

Neat, I did not know that.

Quote by iluvpowerchords
Stop is a pretty terrible song anyway.

Yeah, it really is.
Its kind of sad to see what they've become, but I understand it. I mean most of us aren't supporting ourselves and still live with our parents and all that. I was talking to a guy who is 28 at the Rise Against show I went to. Somehow Against Me came up and he said that when he was 16 and into the scene it would have pissed him off, but now he understands it. They have to put food on the the table and a roof over their heads. I guess we can't really judge them until we have to support ourselves and a family.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
No you dont understand! they are taking anarchy into the subconcienses of the children! (?)

¿CAN SOMEBODY JUST THINK IN THE CHILDREN?!
Aniquilando.
Agua que no puedo respirar.
Aire que no puedo navegar.
Last edited by Carcomelo at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by Carcomelo
¿CAN SOMEBODY JUST THINK IN THE CHILDREN?!

I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by Carcomelo
No you dont understand! they are taking anarchy into the subconcienses of the children! (?)

this is the problem. They aren't talking about anarchy anymore. Although Tom Gabel says that he's still an anarchist, he doesn't sing about it anymore.

he went from This is Control to Thrash Unreal. seriously. total change in direction. From anarchy to "no mother ever dreams that her..." you know the rest, it's on the radio.

I love OLD AM!. Ever since New Wave and they started paying their taxes I have lost a great deal of respect for them. There's even a pretty good song on youtube called Reinventing Tom Gabel. So true.

Anyways, Stop! was used in the Rock the Vote campaign (again, seriously? Vote? THIS IS NOT ANARCHY)

They are HUGE sellouts, practically the definition of it. Just isolate New Wave and that's Against Me! now. Forget about all of their other stuff..
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
this is the problem. They aren't talking about anarchy anymore. Although Tom Gabel says that he's still an anarchist, he doesn't sing about it anymore.

he went from This is Control to Thrash Unreal. seriously. total change in direction. From anarchy to "no mother ever dreams that her..." you know the rest, it's on the radio.

I love OLD AM!. Ever since New Wave and they started paying their taxes I have lost a great deal of respect for them. There's even a pretty good song on youtube called Reinventing Tom Gabel. So true.

Anyways, Stop! was used in the Rock the Vote campaign (again, seriously? Vote? THIS IS NOT ANARCHY)

They are HUGE sellouts, practically the definition of it. Just isolate New Wave and that's Against Me! now. Forget about all of their other stuff..

I'm not denying that they're sell outs, but refer to my above post, I don't blame them as much as I used to.
Yeah, Nickelodeon totally sold out.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
I'm not surprised. But nor do I care the least bit.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Yeah, Nickelodeon totally sold out.

So sad. I remember when Nickelodeon was about uppin' the Rugrats. *Sigh*

More on topic, AM! has just changed. I love their older stuff, but they're is only so much you can do with the same ideas and lyrics and everything. Every band changes unless they break up. So I personally am happy they're still together at least and still go to their shows and just wait until they play something older. It'd be awesome if they didn't change, but change is inevitable in all music.
Quote by StreetLight3989
I was talking to a guy who is 28 at the Rise Against show I went to. Somehow Against Me came up and he said that when he was 16 and into the scene it would have pissed him off, but now he understands it. They have to put food on the the table and a roof over their heads.

What a pretentious thing to say.

And I know plenty of people and bands and whomever who support themselves just fine without "selling out" as much as I hate to use that term.

Anyway, I strongly dislike against me. And no, I don't just dislike"new" against me. I just plain ol' strongly dislike against me.
I was listening to reinventing axl rose the otherday...

that album sucks...I never realized that until now... :/
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Its kind of sad to see what they've become, but I understand it. I mean most of us aren't supporting ourselves and still live with our parents and all that. I was talking to a guy who is 28 at the Rise Against show I went to. Somehow Against Me came up and he said that when he was 16 and into the scene it would have pissed him off, but now he understands it. They have to put food on the the table and a roof over their heads. I guess we can't really judge them until we have to support ourselves and a family.

No way, **** that guy. There's so many people who support themselves off of punk and even raise a family without signing to a major label. But that's still besides the point, when you start supporting yerself off of the business end of punk, yer creative decisions are affected and you don't make art that's as true to yer heart as you would if you were just doing it for the hell of it.

I've heard that argument all my life. "Yer young and you don't understand this like I do". I'm not (as) young anymore and I still think that's bullshit. I have friends that are 36 and still live in Punk houses and they tell me that when someone says that to you it's bullshit.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern
No way, **** that guy. There's so many people who support themselves off of punk and even raise a family without signing to a major label. But that's still besides the point, when you start supporting yerself off of the business end of punk, yer creative decisions are affected and you don't make art that's as true to yer heart as you would if you were just doing it for the hell of it.

I've heard that argument all my life. "Yer young and you don't understand this like I do". I'm not (as) young anymore and I still think that's bullshit. I have friends that are 36 and still live in Punk houses and they tell me that when someone says that to you it's bullshit.

I guess, I don't really know. I'm still only 16 and I don't know what it's like to raise a family and support myself and stuff so I don't really want to judge. I mean, yeah, don't get me wrong, I was pissed at them and I was so disappointed when a drum tech came on stage, I just don't really think I can judge. I miss old Against Me, but I don't now if all the shit they take(me included) in the punk community is justified. I think their art is still true to their heart, they still play with a ton of passion.
There is not enough Punx Rawkz on Nickelodeon.

Well... The Aquabats, were on that Gabba Gabba show once.

=/
Quote by garrett5
There is not enough Punx Rawkz on Nickelodeon.

Well... The Aquabats, were on that Gabba Gabba show once.

=/

A guy in the Aquabats helped create Yo Gabba Gabba.
Quote by StreetLight3989
A guy in the Aquabats helped create Yo Gabba Gabba.

That's not surprising at all!
two and a half men.
Quote by StreetLight3989
I guess, I don't really know. I'm still only 16 and I don't know what it's like to raise a family and support myself and stuff so I don't really want to judge. I mean, yeah, don't get me wrong, I was pissed at them and I was so disappointed when a drum tech came on stage, I just don't really think I can judge. I miss old Against Me, but I don't now if all the shit they take(me included) in the punk community is justified. I think their art is still true to their heart, they still play with a ton of passion.

saying yer only 16 is a bullshit response. Age has nothing to do with this. No one in AGAINST ME has a family. What they didn't isn't right and when you watch them play now they're not playing for passion they're playing for money. I got the same feeling when I watched KING KHAN AND HIS SHRINES... all of the passion just went up their nose. It's lame as hell to watch.

You can judge if you miss the old stuff. The punk rock media tells you that yer lame for calling someone out on their bullshit when they're the ones that are full of shit. Trying to tell you that you can't understand this because it's too complicated for you to understand. They're just as bad as FOX news.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by daytripper75
i love how Nick is subtly supporting Obama by putting his logo on their "Vote" button.

That did not influence my vote(s) whatsoever.
>.>
<.<
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
You all are STILL obsessed with Against Me signing to a major? Let it go, guys.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by TheAdict310
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I love how anything remotely related to Against Me! ends up as a debate as to how punx rawk! Tom Gabel and his band mates are.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by TheAdict310

You avatar is my display picture on MSN.
Quote by original=punk
You avatar is my display picture on MSN.
Your avatar is the last album I listened to.

WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE.
Page 1 of 2