i got a b-52 at-100, but no footswitch. i really dont want to pay what the company is asking for a footswitch so i figured i might try making one.i am a noob when it comes to wiring and building electronics , so i think this would be a good place to start. its a 4 button switch, with 2 cables. here's a pic from the manual

help please!
Agh, i lost my tutorial for this.

To be basic, the diagram it has points most of it out for you. You just have to wire one of the bands to one side of a latching switch and the ground on the other. You just need SPST latching switches, 4 of them

Feeling pretty sick right now, so sorry if my explanation isnt very understandable
^Dark Merlin's got it, but i'm sitting in the library with quite a bit of time to kill before my next class, so I'll draw up a diagram for you.

I'll edit back with the diagram..

edit:

Pretty simple, as merlin said. Just connect/diconnect either the tip or ring to the sleeve.

An on/off LED for each would be a good idea, too, and it'd be prety simple, although it'd require a DPDT instead of a SPDT.

and just incase you can't decipher my crappy MS-paint work, the circle-dealies with TRS on them are stereo jacks, and the box things are the SPDT switches.
Last edited by james4 at Oct 15, 2008,
basically connecting the different sleeves to ground switches the channels. So you could just need to wire four switch to connect the four different sleeves/tips to ground
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
and just incase you can't decipher my crappy MS-paint work, the circle-dealies with TRS on them are stereo jacks, and the box things are the SPDT switches.

So, dark merlin said i needed SPST switches, and James4 said i needed SPDT.
so wich is it?
Thanks for drawing up a diagram james

You can use either switch, just make sure you buy some nice footswitch ones, dont go for the little push button ones that are really cheap. I used them in one of my projects and they break very easily from being stomped on.