What color was his during led zeppelin? i cant find pics anywhere!
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Natural. Stripped of finish. Maybe a clear topcoat was applied, because the body was the same colour as the neck.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..

Looks sunburst to me.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
The issue of Bass Player Magazine where he was on the cover. Check the site perhaps. Also, I believe on the Led Zeppelin DVD. And I think in the Zeppelin issue of School of Rock that I thought was for people over the age of 12.

Quote by Kartman

Looks sunburst to me.

Looks Jazz to me.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
The issue of Bass Player Magazine where he was on the cover. Check the site perhaps. Also, I believe on the Led Zeppelin DVD. And I think in the Zeppelin issue of School of Rock that I thought was for people over the age of 12.

Looks Jazz to me.

Yeah, it was natural.
hmm. this thread originally confused me. indeed, he usually used a jazz... did he do any recordings with said natural finish precision? which ones?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I'm pretty sure there are quite a few, and am tempted to say anything with that Black Dog tone was done on Precision - Out on the Tiles, Immigrant Song, etc.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by goest
Let's not forget the later use of Alembic. And that lovely,well-cut, white suit.

I want one. Not just the bass, I want that suit as well.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
I want one. Not just the bass, I want that suit as well.

that suit is hardcore. I want one now.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

He used a fretless P-bass for In My Time Of Dying.
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by goest
Let's not forget the later use of Alembic. And that lovely,well-cut, white suit.
Lets not forget that he also used a Burns 6 String Bass in his early days.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by thefitz

Looks Jazz to me.

My friend, you were owned by thefitz, but in a brighter context, he acknowledged your existance. I've been trying to get the forever...

So it's not spam, yes, the p-bass was natural..
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
My friend, you were owned by thefitz, but in a brighter context, he acknowledged your existance. I've been trying to get the forever...

So it's not spam, yes, the p-bass was natural..

Is it just me, or are all the posts in the bass forum a blatant attempt to get into thefitz's sig?

I'm confuzzled. From what I can see, the body is sort of shaped like a P bass but matches his Jazz's colors. It's probably his jazz, but something about that shouts P bass to me. I need to see more of it. That's the closest I could come to a pic with him and a P bass. I did hear that he recorded most of LZ I with a precision though.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
he probably had another one. I think he could afford having a few. I'm just sayin...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

True. Just looking at that pic, my mind says Precision. I could've sworn I've seen him with a natural P bass and either a black or white pickguard, I can'rt remember. I'll keep searching.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
He has a '52 Precision. It's a slab body with a tele headstock, like mine. He took it on tour at some point, so it wasn't a '51, which didn't have a truss rod.

I say again.

It was a natural, slab bodied Precision that looked a bit tinted and darker.

IT ALSO HAD NO PICK GUARD.

It can be seen in footage in the Led Zeppelin DVD in that breif clip of them playing Immigrant Song in Austrailia (and I believe Rock and Roll as well).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I state again, he may have had another. he might have decided it sucked after he used it that once. one pic, then "go get me my jazz, this thing feels off."
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Oct 15, 2008,