I run a gibson SG thru a Mesa single recto, I can afford a new speaker cab, what should i get?

I play post hardcore.
I've tried a LOT of different cabs, and I keep coming back to a Mesa Standard 412. I absolutely love it.

I prefer the slanted ones, too. The straight ones are a bit too bassy for my liking
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by cerveza
I've tried a LOT of different cabs, and I keep coming back to a Mesa Standard 412. I absolutely love it.

I prefer the slanted ones, too. The straight ones are a bit too bassy for my liking

Perhaps Mesa Traditional (now called Stiletto) cabs are the answer then. They are a little smaller and get rid of the bassy flub of the standard recto cabs.
I really like the 1960a cab and i think that the 1960a and the standard recto cab are the same size.

standard recto cab:83.50cm H / 76.52cm W /36.20cm D

1960a cab 83cm H/ 76cm W/ 36cm D

I think the real difference is in the speakers
Last edited by Muramasa at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by Muramasa
I really like the 1960a cab and i think that the 1960a and the standard recto cab are the same size.

standard recto cab:83.50cm H / 76.52cm W /36.20cm D

1960a cab 83cm H/ 76cm W/ 36cm D

I think the real diffrence is in the speakers

Mesas generally sound better with V30s over the standard Marshall G12T-75s... Though Marshall Vintage cabs have the V30s and I think the recto head may have an ohm option for their cabs. I know my Mark IV doesn't match up without rewiring.