I was wondering, for say 8th notes, how long (in hours) do you think it should take to get up to about 120bpm from 80bpm?

EDIT: Using a metronome, obv.
Quote by SlashYourFug
That question is impossible to answer. For one thing, it depends on the difficulty of the 8th note passage. Secondly, nobody could give you a number of hours. Just keep playing and you'll get there.

+1

We all develop at different speeds.

However, the amount of time you dedicate to practicing, combined with the correct way to practice, will contribute greatly to a speedy improvement.

Remember, it's one thing to play those 8th notes at 120bpm, and another to play them accurately, cleanly and with the correct technique. If you can do that then you're well on your way.
Depends on the person.

Guitar isn't a race. Don't be in a rush, you've got your whole life to play.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Cheers guys i kinda just meant how long do you think it'd be before i'd be considered a slow learner! like if it took me a year i'd probably be considered slow. I'm just impatient to see results!
Quote by philbertfwog
Cheers guys i kinda just meant how long do you think it'd be before i'd be considered a slow learner! like if it took me a year i'd probably be considered slow. I'm just impatient to see results!

Even if you are a slow learner, does it really matter
Just play what you want, how you want and how fast you want.