So it turns out that in the holidays just passed that a really good friend of mine and of our year (year 10) was diagnosed with Leukemia. So in his name probably about 25 of the guys in our year shaved our heads in his name as as you all know he will lose all his hair due to chemotherapy. So with all the hair that was cut up we wrote
"FOR XXXX(his name)" and took a picture with all us baldies standing around.
Anyone got any stories like that from their school just out of respect for a peer?
An amazing teacher at my school was diagnosed with lung cancer this past spring. Their family is going through financial trouble because of the cost of treatment and the long term substitute teacher, so our school asked for donations from students and teachers. We raised $27,000 in the past week or two.
Quote by chris88kolate
a close friend of mine had Leukemia
he is now dead

That's awesome! Did he get better?!

Sorry for your loss, but if you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, Shut up.

Yup, I shaved myhead too, my friend in a lower year was diagnosed with testicular cancer (in remission now) and a group of us shaved our heads. Good on you guys, its these kind of things that restore my faith in the Human Race
he is still getting treatment and the disease is still in its early stages.

You're right this does restore faith in the human race.
nothing like that happened at my school. thats really cool.

my mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer and i was planning on shaving my head when she has to do chemo
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
Quote by LordBishek
That's awesome! Did he get better?!

Sorry for your loss, but if you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, Shut up.

Dude.... i know you didn't mean much by that, but that was really uncalled for...

Anyways, TS, just wondering what school that is, since I probly know, being a Sydney sider and all...

LordBishek, you're an ass.
Georgie Porgie Pudding and Pie
Kissed the girls and made them cry.
When the boys came out to play
He kissed them too cause he was gay.

Quote by Slaytanic6606
If I remember right, pot can help prevent alzheimer's.

Quote by FireandFlames

Quote by Ex'sAndOh's

The cake is a pie.

WTF YOU BROKE THE INTERNET
Quote by chris88kolate
a close friend of mine had Leukemia
he is now dead

Wrong thread, stop searching for sympathy!
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Slooj, I'd bang you so hard.

••The Robin Trower Fans Group••
PM me to join!
Quote by Patton
LordBishek, you're an ass.

+1

Go buy a new brain you retard...I heard you get a discount on decency then!

Seriously? Did you absolutely NEED to bash chris88kolate?

-------------
And that is pure awesomeness, TS!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by BloodMoon666
+1

Go buy a new brain you retard...I heard you get a discount on decency then!

Seriously? Did you absolutely NEED to bash chris88kolate?

-------------
And that is pure awesomeness, TS!

he was trollin

TS that sounds awesome
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I was like you are happy about your friend getting leukemia... but i read the rest.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Nothing happens at our school.
Actaully nothing.
We don't even learn.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Nothing happens at our school.
Actaully nothing.
We don't even learn.

good times.

a really friendly guy in our year went missing. the teachers wouldn't say where he was and his closest friends said they couldn't say anything either. needless to say, half our year was shitting themselves. luckily (if i can use that word in this instance) he hadn't passed away, as many of us were dreading after a few weeks, but he had brain tumour. happily, he is now fully recovered but the school did loads of stuff for him and i think everyone who knew him had a new found respect for him afterwards. good on you, Alex!
Well my year at school hates me, and after my school captain speech (In which I was the only candidate to present an actual policy beyond fixing drink taps or different food for tuckshop, neither of which they can actually get to happen), started to verbally attack me for the day.
**** I hate teenagers.
my friend got suspended for taking a drug test high
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Thats a really cool thing to do.

Our school does a rag week every year where we raise normally around £3000 for charity. We do stuff like throw wet sponges at teachers (I got my french teacher in the face once ), talents shows, making techers eat horrible food and whatnot.

It's normally epic.
If someone got cancer where I went to school they would probably be hounded and abused
^I doubt it. Even those really chav-like kids from those ratty schools couldnt be that cruel
Quote by Feel bad inc.
Well my year at school hates me, and after my school captain speech (In which I was the only candidate to present an actual policy beyond fixing drink taps or different food for tuckshop, neither of which they can actually get to happen), started to verbally attack me for the day.
**** I hate teenagers.

It's cause you suck, srsly. Most kids (yes, I still go to high school) are idiots and will vote for the "popular people" so as to gain a little popularity (the 'votes' are anonymous lol). Your policy meant nothing.

Anyway, everyone knows that the teachers are the ones that pick whos votes gets counted, school democracy doesnt exist.

To T/S
Thats a really sweet story.
Last edited by demonofthenight at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by demonofthenight

It's cause you suck, srsly. Most kids (yes, I still go to high school) are idiots and will vote for the "popular people" so as to gain a little popularity (the 'votes' are anonymous lol). You're policy meant nothing.

Anyway, everyone knows that the teachers are the ones that pick whos votes gets counted, school democracy doesnt exist.

To T/S
Thats a really sweet story.

You are telling me things I already knew before I ran...
Quote by pangui
Dude.... i know you didn't mean much by that, but that was really uncalled for...

Anyways, TS, just wondering what school that is, since I probly know, being a Sydney sider and all...

It really wasn't. The guy's just trolling.
i feel quite horrible now, a mate of mine died of cancer, all we did in his name was get pissed
I have awesome hair