This is a little number i've been workin on, its not finished but i like where its going.
It's very slow; about 50 beats per min so dont expect anything more, just try to get in the feeling of the song. Its about 10 mins long and is similiar to most funeral doom; if you don't listen or particularly like atmospheric or doomy music dont comment it as being slow or boring, that's kinda the point.
Anyway;
It is highly influenced by funeral doom bands like Evoken, Tyranny and Ahab.
Crit for Crit as always.
Cheers.
Attachments:
A Serpent's Conclave.zip
I myself like atmospheric music (mostly the symphonic metal kind but also just any atmospheric ones and film-scores), haven't listened to a lot of Doom metal thou. I have listyened to Draconian which is Symphonic Metal and uses elements of Death/Doom metal.

But for the critiq and comment!!!:

Amazing work!!!
Dark and very atmospheric, I think this is great, this fits as a film-score or doom metal I would say.

I don't have anything to say agianst this, it is just plain awesome! Very nice work, will you send me a PM if you record it with live instruments?

Btw, I suggest you should test out using some horror-movie-like sound effects, it would really give the song more atmosphere and it would probably make it from awesome to even more awesome!

Good job man!!!
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by deathmetallover
if you don't listen or particularly like atmospheric or doomy music dont comment it as being slow or boring, that's kinda the point.
I seriously doubt this. I'll crit it in a second.

Not what I usually listen to, but I liked it nonetheless. Riff 2 was f*cking heavy, I'm glad you brought it back later in the piece. I thought the drums were very good, very fitting.

I didn't enjoy 'Part 2' as much though. I found the contrast between very slow and not very slow fairly jarring. Also, I think the transitions between the bars from 92-99 could have been smoother, because bar 92 includes that huge open powerchord and it's suddenly absent in the next bar.

Overall I thought it was really cool, and pretty badass. Nice work
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Last edited by ramm_ty at Oct 15, 2008,
^ I agree, the transitions in those areas were somewhat jarring.

I don't really have much to say other than good job, that was good.
thanks for the respones guys.
I had a feeling that when i was putting that riff in that it was gonna not fit so well; i really used it just to break the pace, keep things interesting, but i think i may have been better off going with an atmospheric break or a better riff
It's really very nice, very atmospheric with the keyboards
Riff 1 it's amazing, I very liked the guitar track, simple but very nice... Nothing to critique

9/10

Comment the last song in my signature please
R.I.P.
Chuck Schuldiner 1967-2001
Ronnie James Padavona 1942-2010
Darrell Lance Abbott 1966-2004
Jon Nödtveidt 1975-2006
Per Yngve Ohlin 1969-1991
Øystein Aarseth 1968-1993
Joe Ptaceck 1973-2010
Ace Börje Thomas Forsberg 1966-2004
Quote by Gulli05

I don't have anything to say agianst this, it is just plain awesome! Very nice work, will you send me a PM if you record it with live instruments?

I second that, if u record it with real intruments please please pm me.

This song is absolutle hopeless, when i say hopeless i dont mean its crap i mean it just feels so sad is such a beautiful way. 10/10 anyday