hey guys, will a semi-hollowbody guitar fit into a standard case? or an acoustic one? or do you need a specially designed one. thanks
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
get the one that has the computer chip in it that recognizes the size of your guitar and self fits to its body.
Yes.
And yes, that is a noob question.
xD

Seriously: yes of course, a semi-hollow electric has the same shape as a solidbody electric so it will fit in the same case. Acoustics have a different shape though, so NO electric guitar will fit into that case (neither solidbody nor semi-hollow), and vice versa. Well, maybe they'll fit but if the case is too large, it's not much of a protection anymore is it..

Cheers!
ZeG
Quote by Brokntragedy
get the one that has the computer chip in it that recognizes the size of your guitar and self fits to its body.

ok, thats what i thought, but i was just makin sure

i am a noob, sorry
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Hold on a sec, some of hte semi-hollows are bigger than normals, you will just have to have a look. Like some of the Ibanez ones are abnormally big.
Good idea #1 for today... Don't buy a case without making sure it's the right size >.< Just get measurements, and ask around at your local music store
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
just take the guitar to the shop with you problem solved
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!