Now before I get flamed for not being in the religion thread, Im only looking for feedback on the book. Has anyone read this book by C.S. Lewis? and if so what are your thoughts. I have read it as a Christian and found it to be quite a convincing argument, however i obviously had bias reading it. Has anyone read it who is not a Christian?

If this still classifies as fit for the religion thread then I am sorry, and please move it there. Otherwise i welcome your feedback.
Originally posted by Steve
never heard of a hickey, im guessing its an american thing?

The greatest trick of the devil is to make us believe he doesn't exist
no i have not read mein kampf
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
whats the main argument from the book?
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
I have not read this book. Have you read any different books?
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
whats the main argument from the book?

It's not an "argument" book. He basically revels in his own Christianity and talks about the fulfillment and happiness it brings him, and uses that as reasoning for why it must be true. It's very touching and heartwarming for believers, and thought provoking for non-believers.
Last edited by CowboyUp at Oct 15, 2008,
C.S. Lewis is a Christian apologetic (he wrote Narnia) and basically makes a logically based philosophical argument for the existence of a higher power (not specifically the Christian God), and then goes on to explain why Christians believe what they believe and how they should act. It is not an 'in your face' evangelistic book, and i think even if i wasnt religious i would find it quite interesting. mabye look it up on wikipedia or something...

Quote by CowboyUp
It's not an "argument".

YES IT IS
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by one two many
C.S. Lewis is a Christian apologetic (he wrote Narnia) and basically makes a logically based philosophical argument for the existence of a higher power (not specifically the Christian God), and then goes on to explain why Christians believe what they believe and how they should act. It is not an 'in your face' evangelistic book, and i think even if i wasnt religious i would find it quite interesting. mabye look it up on wikipedia or something...

I think that the interesting thing about the book is that a good chunk of it deals with reasons why he converted from atheism to christianity. It is a very interesting read- but I didn't read it as someone looking for justification as to why the Christian faith should be considered "the" faith, but as someone interested in seeing why someone would convert from atheism to christianity- the reverse of what happened to me (kind of). If you get me.
Quote by CowboyUp
Read edit.

sorry I tried to make a joke, it didn't work

'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
sorry I tried to make a joke, it didn't work

I see what you did thar XD
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I think that the interesting thing about the book is that a good chunk of it deals with reasons why he converted from atheism to christianity. It is a very interesting read- but I didn't read it as someone looking for justification as to why the Christian faith should be considered "the" faith, but as someone interested in seeing why someone would convert from atheism to christianity- the reverse of what happened to me (kind of). If you get me.

Yeah man fair call. I just think that he's a very rational and logical thinker. Im curious as to what you thought though after reading it...I'm assuming the first part of the book was what interested you.

Although he has another book called 'Surprised by Joy' I believe, that details his conversion much more fully.

Anyone who hasn't read Narnia who has read His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman - His Dark Materials and Narnia are basically polar opposites to each other.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Anyone who hasn't read Narnia who has read His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman - His Dark Materials and Narnia are basically polar opposites to each other.
I swear to god the hidden message behind the ending is that the kiddies had underage sex. I was so turned on by this as a 12 year old.

Very trippy book

Narnia was good, but I didnt read the end of the last book. C.S Lewis seemed to get a little cynical in that book.
Quote by CowboyUp

I see what you did thar XD

YES
*pumps fist into the air*
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals