In your opinion, what is the most logical way to learn guitar?

Self-taught, lessons, or educational book?

Also, any acoustic guitar-learning books to recommend?
whatever works for you.....I like lessons imo. Your teacher can teach you licks of his own along with licks from other people, and you can become friends with your teacher and stuff.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
depends on the person,

im a self-thought guitar player, because i hate taking orders and i work easier alone without being rushed and at my own pace, and i am really shy so i would hate taking lessons.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Same, I'd say I'm a solitairy learner. When I went to guitar lessons, I had to wait the first ten minutes watching other people tune their damn guitars... I had the sense to tune mine before I came, but I still had to wait.
People learn in different ways. Some people are self-starters. Some people need someone to hold their hand. Some people need to be pushed. Everybody's different.
Quote by PaulKaiser
Same, I'd say I'm a solitairy learner. When I went to guitar lessons, I had to wait the first ten minutes watching other people tune their damn guitars... I had the sense to tune mine before I came, but I still had to wait.

I think one-to-one lessons are the best way to learn as long as you get a good teacher, if you get a bad teacher they can be crippling however.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Self taught for a little while. Learning what you want out of books, off the computer ect. Just get your fingers use to moving, and get comfortable with playing guitar.
Then, take lessons. You should already have the basics down, and the teacher could help you with any bad technique you may have developed from the time you've started.
There isn't really a best method because different methods work differently for different people. It's always good to have someone who knows what they are doing show you the basics. After that it's dependant on what kind of learner you are. If you are a book learner you can then learn on your own with books or online lessons. Otherwise you can continue on with an instructor. In either case it's important to practice as much as possible.
i think it would be good to do the basics with a teacher and then you can just look tabs on the internet
id have to say for actual playing its easy to just go look up tabs for your fav songs and stuff and learn how to play them that will get your actual hand on playing better. When it comes to music theory though i find most people get confused and then give up, you may want a teacher for that because if you dont understand the lessons on this site your gonna need somebody to break it down to you step by step.
I've been self-teaching, but I would kill for a teacher, but parents think its too expensive.
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal