So, since I've been hanging out in MT these days, it has been a really motivating experience for my guitar playing and overall musical approach. I'm at a skill level where I can play most straightforward songs (no fancy arpeggios all the time and stuff ) like some good old Opeth But I've come to the conclusion that's not the point to the whole "music" chapter in my life, as I'd really like to "know" what and why am I doing it.

So, in this way of thinking, I've ordered a book with basics in music theory and sight reading and as soon as I get them down I'll move on to something more advanced in musical context. I've also started music lessons again and I've been working on my technique all over again (found out that I was anchoring - special thanks to Freepower for his awsome vids ).

Anything else I'm missing out here? Any advice would be more than welcome

Thanks MT for revamping my passion for guitar and music in general
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
So what do you hope to achieve? Do you want to learn how to write music? Do you want to have really awesome technique and play really fast? Do you want to learn to sight-read?
Quote by demonofthenight
So what do you hope to achieve? Do you want to learn how to write music? Do you want to have really awesome technique and play really fast? Do you want to learn to sight-read?

Well, awesome technique is always welcome(in terms of accuracy, don't really care about speed that much), also what I'm more interested in is musicianship. To know what to play, when to play it, with awesome phrasing and feeling To be honest, there isn't really an aspect of music I can think of, that I don't enjoy. So, long story short, to become a "complete" musician is my target
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by X_Op3th_X
Well, awesome technique is always welcome(in terms of accuracy, don't really care about speed that much), also what I'm more interested in is musicianship. To know what to play, when to play it, with awesome phrasing and feeling To be honest, there isn't really an aspect of music I can think of, that I don't enjoy. So, long story short, to become a "complete" musician is my target
I'm sorry, your answer seemed very vague to me (could be the sleep deprivation). I dont know what to suggest.
Quote by demonofthenight
I'm sorry, your answer seemed very vague to me (could be the sleep deprivation). I dont know what to suggest.

Meh, it's ok Get some sleep
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Music Theory

Technique (phrasing, speed, accuracy, synchronization)

Aural Skills

These are the things I find most important in playing guitar, or music in general.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.