I've been happy to get tabs from the site, but am now looking to add a few as I've gotten a bit better. To be clear, I am actually trying to add what would be considered CHORDS more than strict note for note TAB.

I'm having a hard time understanding how to use the upload tool and maintain spacing for my chords (top line) and the lyrics that go with it (underneath it).

I've tried to add the HTML tag <pre> </pre> to preserve the formatting I have on a Word document where I already sketched this out.

How should I approach this? I would like to contribute to this site as I really do appreciate what it has done for me.

Mike

PS -- as an example, I am just trying to be able to do what this page has done:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/johnny_cash/gods_gonna_cut_you_down_ver2_crd.htm
Last edited by gripdog at Oct 15, 2008,
Go to this page ,select "chords" as tab type,paste your tab in tab section and press preview button.If it was aligned well,then push submit button.

There's no need for html codes.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
Ya, that's what I've been trying; but, in PREVIEW mode, the spacing is not correct.
Quote by gripdog
Ya, that's what I've been trying; but, in PREVIEW mode, the spacing is not correct.
I'm told the preview mode does that, but the tab will actually come out right when you submit it.

Maybe the preview mode needs to be improved?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Works fine for me.

Try it on notepad instead of word document.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.