Students will compose a paper reflecting on their own experiences living in the United States. Students will focus on what they believe are some common characteristics of American culture, while emphasizing the role of pop culture, technology, and family constructs. 500-800 words.

That is the description of my latest Composition I assignment. Pit monkeys! I need ideas, I'm drawing a blank on this one. I'll of course laugh at the usual pit monkey responses, but I will also need a few serious ones. Keep it creative, and keep it clean. Wait... No, **** clean. Creative remains in effect though.

Thanks in advance.
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
Quote by Sixp0under
You like music?
Write about that.

Then put "rape" in size 2 at the bottom of the page...

Well, I suppose i could write a paper on how music has effected me, and my American life. Too bad my favorite bands are dirty Brits.

rape
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
It's really not that hard and if you gave it any thought at all you'd come up with something pretty easily.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
That assignement is the broadest, most generalize thing ever. Write about how americans can only think and communicate in sweeping generalities and cliches and how detrimental you find this to intellectualism, and the process of honest communication. Cite the assignment as an example.

Text messeging facebook walls and the like could be a good pop culture reference--I don't think you can write something on a phone or wall that wasn't prepackaged for you and used by a million other people.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
That assignement is the broadest, most generalize thing ever. Write about how americans can only think and communicate in sweeping generalities and cliches and how detrimental you find this to intellectualism, and the process of honest communication. Cite the assignment as an example.

Text messeging facebook walls and the like could be a good pop culture reference--I don't think you can write something on a phone or wall that wasn't prepackaged for you and used by a million other people.

Mmmm, I like this idea. You should also cite the teacher as one of the main causes of the collapse of the intellect and of starting the cult worship of stupidity and superficiality.

Also, Rick Rolling is a good example of a pop-culture reference. Also try to pin the blame for that on your teacher.