Well I got paid today for a couple of weeks worth of work, so finally got around to buying a Fender hotrod deluxe, which I've been wanting for a while. It's pretty damned loud with just the 1X12", but I do have a 1960 style quad box which I could use if I'm ever wanting more backline volume in a really noisy space. Ok maybe I just want to see what it takes to get the police called to my house.

As far as I can make out, the internal speaker is 8ohms, and is normally hooked up to the main output, a second 8 ohm cab can then be hooked up to the the other output. So far I get it. Now the whole thing can be run in 4ohm, off the secondary output so long as a dummy plug is hooked up to the primary output. What I want to know is do I just put a random din plug in it to switch to 4ohm, or is the dummy plug supposed to short out that output, ie a speaker cable with the two wires at the other end soldered together.

Here's the section of the manual that's confusing me.

I guess I could just run my cab in 2X8ohm stereo, but I would like to know how to get a 4 ohm tap.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard