I'm buying a HSS Stratocaster and I intend to put a Seymour Duncan SH-4 humbucker, in place of stock humbucker, but I've found out recently that HSS Fender Stratocasters don't have tone control for bridge pickup.

The reason I wanted to put SH-4 was the versatility of the pickup, but there's no versatility if I can't control the humbuckers tone over the tone control, right?

So, since I don't know much about puting different pickups, I want to ask you is there some other way of connecting the wires of the pickup? Perhaps Seymour Duncan's pickups have different wiring than Fender's stock pickups, that connects the pickup with tone control?

I haven't found Seymour Duncan's diagram for a HSS Stratocasters and I am not sure is there a possibility to rewire it from single coil to humbucker.

If I can't use the full potential of the pickup, then there's no point of putting it into guitar that reduces it's abilities.
I noticed you moved your thread to GB&C, but I commented on your other one in Electric guitar forum.
Yeah, all the standard strat wiring diagrams I've seen have middle and neck tone controls, but no bridge control.

I found this, which is the same idea I had before (in your other thread): http://www.millerguitar.com/images/wiring/strat_style.jpg

Here it is using the SD HSS wiring diagram. I added the red line on the switch. If this is wrong, some one please tell me.

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff348/VykkDraygoTHEM/Wiring.jpg
Thanks for help, since I don't know much about it, I'll show this diagrams to someone with greater knowledge about this.
That diagram will make the first tone knob control the neck and the second knob control both the middle and the bridge.
An alternative is to not put that jumper in and simply move the wire from the second tone control to the spot where the jumper was, so you control just the neck and the bridge. That gives you a tone control in every position except #3, where you'll get a little more output and clarity without the load of a tone pot. I don't like having the middle and bridge on the same tone control because usually you'll want the bridge tone down a bit but the middle up, and you can't do that. It also gets muddy in the neck+middle position if you don't have the tone all the way up.
@Rock8995

Thanks very much, just tell me which diagram are you talking about the first one or the second?

I plan to print it and show the diagram to the guy that will change the pickups in my guitar.

@Vykk Draygo

And thank you, once more for these diagrams.
To answer you question in the other thread, no it's not a big deal to re-wire anything on the guitar. I said it would be a hassle, but that's only if you don't know how to solder. If you do then all you need is the diagram to work from and you're good to go. I can try and find a wiring diagram for my model Strat if you think that would help, since I have a bridge and neck tone control.
Quote by Uncle Gibson
@Rock8995

Thanks very much, just tell me which diagram are you talking about the first one or the second?

I plan to print it and show the diagram to the guy that will change the pickups in my guitar.

@Vykk Draygo

And thank you, once more for these diagrams.

Both diagrams are essentially the same (both use a jumper to have the middle and bridge on the same tone pot), but the Seymour Duncan one is for a humbucker in the bridge, so that one.

You're welcome!
Quote by chip46
I can try and find a wiring diagram for my model Strat if you think that would help, since I have a bridge and neck tone control.

You don't have to bother, since I have now all the diagrams I need.

Thanks for help.
If you're having a tech do it, you can just tell him you want the mid tone control moved to the bridge and he'll know what to do. Most techs can rewire a strat blindfolded.