I've always considered getting different pickups for my Ibanez SA32fm, but I've always been reluctant, well simply because I'm not sure with what type of sound I'll end up with (and losing your tone is like losing... well you know what I mean).

Will replacing my stock pickups improve the sound quality? Or just change the tone?

If you care to suggest some pickups to try out, please do. I use my neck pickups mainly to get bluesy lead (and sometimes rhythm) tones, and the bridge pickup for straight up rock rhythm playing with distortion (sansamp tri-ac).

My guitar has 2 humbuckers with coil tapping.
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge with a 59 in the neck - whether they "improve" matters kind of depends on what you think is lacking from the sound currently.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
LOL, while typing I had this interesting suggestion from my Firefox's spell checker:

Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
Last edited by nbroers at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge with a 59 in the neck - whether they "improve" matters kind of depends on what you think is lacking from the sound currently.

A while back I was looking at pickups and that was pretty much the ones I was thinking at the time

In my experience, you only know good tone once you've managed to improve it! Its hard to know whats wrong with your tone until you've moved onto something better. Anyone out there have their Ibanez pickups swapped out? What difference did it make?
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2