So im trying to buy a new guitar. Read my other threads lol.

I've just started looking at yamaha pacificas.

What are your opinions on them?

Also, Which pacifica is the best? I cant spend more than about $300 USD.

I want to play general rock, maybe a lil metal... I want it to be pretty good clean or distorted.

Also, I dont own any amp yet. First electric guitar. Im thinkin a roland cube 15x or 20x. What do yall think of those?

Thanks
my bandmate has a pacifica 112 and it's a great guitar for the price... all i can say.. get that one
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Which pacifica 112?

Which 112 Is the best?

Also, is there any other things I should know about them before I buy one?
what about the roland microcubes? or should I just go for a regular 15x?

I don't have much money haha
Take what you can afford mate!

If you can get a 15x and a Pacifica, I'd really go for it. The Pacifica won't last you long once you start to develop as a guitarist (as all starters guitars are), but the Cube will.
I have a yamaha pacifica 112. I've been told it's the best guitar for under £200. Don't know what that is in $USD.
I have a Roland cube 30. I'd say you could get the sounds you're looking for. I'm just presuming the smaller versions are the same though.
TRANSFORMICE

Ok thanks for the help....

But could someone tell me what the best 112 for my money is? Im kinda stupid when it comes to electric guitars haha.
As far as I know, the 112 is a specific model, so it's always going to be the same price.

I think I read in your other thread that you're 13 and this is your first electric. I would buy the pacifica as it's a great learner guitar. You have time to save up money to buy a better one, but while still learning I wouldn't splash too much cash.
TRANSFORMICE

yea im not a total beginner tho.. Ive played acoustic for about 6 or 7 months...

I thought I read somewhere on here the 112V is better for some reason. not sure though.
I think the 112V allows you to split the humbucker when switching the middle and bridge pickups on.

Pacificas are great value for money. I wouldn't go lower than a 112, since the 112 has an alder body, but if you can go higher up the line you might be able to get a nicer guitar.

I started on a Pacifica 112. It was my only electric for over two years. I think it is a really versatile guitar. The humbucker will yield you some good rock tones, and the single coils have a beautiful vintagey clean tone. Use of the whammy bar is likely to throw it out of tune though, but in this way it is no different than a strat.

I think the cube + Pacifica 112 is an ideal combo for new electric guitarists. You may be able to find some good used ones, since they are very popular, well-rated guitars for new-ish players.
Personally, I think you can't go wrong with any of the Yahama Pacifica's. I've got a 112 and it's been my main guitar for nearly a year now.. Which says something when you've got one or two higher priced guitars. The 112 just seems so much more versatile and I love the sounds you can get from it. IMO its a sweeet guitar, can't go wrong with it.
Quote by Steve BP
I think the 112V allows you to split the humbucker when switching the middle and bridge pickups on.

Pacificas are great value for money. I wouldn't go lower than a 112, since the 112 has an alder body, but if you can go higher up the line you might be able to get a nicer guitar.

+1

for the amp, i'd either get the microcube, or the cube 30x. the cube 15x and 20x don't have the amp models (which you want).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i bought a 112J pacifica (used) and a cube 30x last week. I've been playin for about 9 months with acoustic and a really bad electric with a shitty amp.. and this set up is amazing. it sounds great, pacifica sounds awesome, it's got the HSS setup so you can play all kinds of music with it..
overall i'm very happy with this setup
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

for the amp, i'd either get the microcube, or the cube 30x. the cube 15x and 20x don't have the amp models (which you want).

Im confused? what do you mean dont have the amp models?

So your saying a microcube is better than a 15 or 20x? why?
amp models means it models various types of different classic amp. it has a dial with about 8 amp models, if you set the dial to r-fier, the amp will sound a bit like a mesa dual rectifier (i.e. a modern metal tone), if you set it to blackface, you'll get a fendery clean tone, set it to brit combo, you'll get a voxy tone, classic stack sounds like a marshall, etc. these amp models are the main reason you want a cube in the first place, as they're what give it its versatility...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Im confused lol.

So since I cant get a 30x. should I get a microcube? or 15x???

Thanks for the help, Im just confused
^ exactly. the microcube and 30 (and 60) do.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the microcube is just fine for practice -- rather than spend more on your practice amp, you can start saving your money for the nice tube amp you'll be wanting down the road. If you are concerned about the tone of the small speaker, this amp sounds really good with a nice pair of headphones.
^ agreed, and since it can also be run on batteries, you might find a use for it even when you get that nice tube amp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?